Venue for 40th birthday party

Go to Off Topic

Cakeybride
New Wolly

Venue for 40th birthday party

Postby Cakeybride » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:32 am

Hi ladies
I haven't been on here for a while but I am hoping somebody can help me! I am turning 40 next year :eek :eek and I want to have a bash to celebrate/drown my sorrows in Dublin city centre. I have a huge family and I don't live in Ireland so I'm using it as a great excuse to catch up with everyone. But I'm struggling to find a venue that ticks all of my boxes.

I know I am asking for a lot but I would like somewhere that allows me to do the following (in no order of importance):

1. some of own catering (like desserts)
2. where I can bring in some champagne when I'm currently living without charging a fortune on corkage (currently priced at €18-€20 :o( )
3. allows children
4. can host around 100 adults
5. Will allow me to bring in some garden games (like giant jenga and connect 4 - nothing crazy) and face painting for the kids

I am thinking of a BBQ but as always in Ireland, there needs to be a back up plan for the dreaded rain.

Any suggestions would be very welcome. I have tried the usual suspects (Schoolhouse, Clontarf Castle, St. Helen's in Mt. Merrion (all of which have really nice BBQ options btw) and some restaurants in tthe city centre but all of the options fall short in some way.

I realise I will have to probably compromise but I thought I would try here first and see if anyone in Dublin know of any secret venues! :-)

Thanks!

Ang1e
New Wolly

Re: Venue for 40th birthday party

Postby Ang1e » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:58 am

Hmmm I am not sure if this will tick all your boxes but have you tried Beaufield Mews?

LauraAdams.77
New Wolly

Postby LauraAdams.77 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:50 pm

Beaufield Mews?

Ang1e
New Wolly

Postby Ang1e » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:54 am

Cakeybride
New Wolly

Postby Cakeybride » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:21 am

Thanks Ang1e! I hadn't heard of that place. I will check it out.

Wanda19
New Wolly

Postby Wanda19 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:58 am

If you are looking for a perfect venue, you can try eazyplan. It shows all the details relevant to your party. You can see whether loud music is allowed at the venue you chose, whether you can use candles or bring pets to the venue, or see until what time you can have the music playing

Limelight Video Lucan
AlexCage
New Wolly

Postby AlexCage » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:14 pm

I'm in the same boat as you! My husband's 40th is coming up and the few ideas I've come up with are too expensive. We're probably talking 20 to 30 people. I've just discovered a great resource that promises to help me find a perfect venue for my hubby's b-day party. It can be helpful for you too:)

Go to Off Topic

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T