Menu

venue??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsFtobe2012 Posts: 9
hey :wv my fiance and i are thinking of booking our wedding with the moran red cow hotel.....has anyone had their wedding there or been to one that was held there?? any feedback would be appreciated :) thanks :yelrotflmaosmilie:
lux Posts: 6270
I saw our band in that hotel at a wedding showcase. To be BRUTALLY honest the hotel is not great. The function rooms were set up for a wedding and OH, who is not fussy about ANYTHING, said they were very basic conference style rooms. They are also along a very long corridor and the whole corridor is very grubby. I think there are LOADS of other lovely hotels to chose from without going for the Red Cow Hotel, especially given the current climate.
[quote="lux":2h456erx]I saw our band in that hotel at a wedding showcase. To be BRUTALLY honest the hotel is not great. The function rooms were set up for a wedding and OH, who is not fussy about ANYTHING, said they were very basic conference style rooms. They are also along a very long corridor and the whole corridor is very grubby. I think there are LOADS of other lovely hotels to chose from without going for the Red Cow Hotel, especially given the current climate.[/quote:2h456erx] thanks lux looked on the internet and there are a lot of mixed reviews about it will just have to look around some more it cant hurt to have more options :yelrotflmaosmilie:
luckyladee Posts: 2550
Would be inclined to agree with lux if I'm honest. They don't come in much cheaper than some other lovely hotels which would be much cleaner, and with much nicer settings. I don't mean any offence at all but a hotel on a massive interchange wouldn't do it for me :-8
veryvalentino Posts: 259
Would have to agree with the others, I was at a party there before and it was pretty bad. Also, Four Weddings had an Irish Bride on it there a while back and her wedding venue was Red Cow...she came last. Nuff said!
thanks ladies :) was looking at it really because its halfway between where my OHs family live and mine....there are plenty of nice hotels in Dublin though so ill just have to get looking....any suggestions???
lux Posts: 6270
http://www.thevenueshop.ie/ You could give this a try. I know a few brides on here have booked Trim Castle, its a fairly "central" location. We were at a wedding there and it was not too far from Dublin.
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Would you consider the Louis Fitzgerald - its only up the road from the Red Cow? Or City West Hotel, very close by too?