Menu

Very Difficult Bridesmaid

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

EnchantedBride Posts: 3
Hi, I'm new here and don't really know how this all works but need advice if possible please. Okay so my wedding is less than 5 months away and I asked a close friend (well at the time close friend), lets call her Aoife, to be bridesmaid (Aug 17), everything was grand she was excited, i was excited and we looked forward to planning my wedding together. (she is married about a year now and i was her bridesmaid and helped her plan her wedding so she obviously offered to help with mine). Fast forward to about Jan this year and my MOH set up a group chat for my hen party with all invitees in and let them know it was going to be local to me and was super low cost as my Godmother opened up her home for us all. Aoife straight out said she wasn't coming, now bear in mind she does live in England and I live in Ireland. I thought it odd that she said No straight away instead of maybe asking for it to be rescheduled if it conflicted with anything as my MOH was super flexible and asked if everyone was free the weekend of it. Anyway that didnt bother me that much but shortly after that debacle she has completely ghosted me!! I can't get into contact with her at all, her number isnt working or anything, i mean i know she has another social media platform she uses under a different name (its a blog or something) but I don't know what to do. Do i just assume she isn't coming to my wedding?? She told me she'd bought her dress before she disappeared but who knows if she's booked the hotel to stay at or anything. I'm annoyed, upset and completely confused :( I don't know what to do at all, i don't know whether to put her on the draft table plan and include her in the final hair and make up numbers?! I haven't sent my invites out yet but I don't have her address as she moved after her wedding last year, she doesn't have money problems at all (trust me both her, her husband and their families are very wealthy). Has anyones bridesmaid ever ghosted on them? Thanks in advance I'm one stressed out Bride :o( :o(
futuremrskelly Posts: 220
Hi there, I'm sorry I dont have much advise to offer but i couldnt read the post and not reply! Does Aoife & your MOH get along? Was she involved in organizing your hens? If not, she may be a little pee'd off? Have you contact with any of her family so you could get in touch that way? It's odd that she has ghosted you?!
EnchantedBride Posts: 3
[quote="futuremrskelly":2xax7rg2]Hi there, I'm sorry I dont have much advise to offer but i couldnt read the post and not reply! Does Aoife & your MOH get along? Was she involved in organizing your hens? If not, she may be a little pee'd off? Have you contact with any of her family so you could get in touch that way? It's odd that she has ghosted you?![/quote:2xax7rg2] Hi, thanks for replying! :) Aoife and MOH do get along quite well yes, and she outright said no to the hen before it was even planned when it was still in the 'does this date suit?' stage. My MOH made sure everyone was involved in the planning so that everyone was happy with what we were doing. It was always going to be local to me as I didn't want anyone to spend a chunk on it. The only person in her family I could contact would be her sister but she has no social media and I don't have a number for her so hit a bum note there :( Thanks for reading my post and replying though! :)
galwaybride16 Posts: 174
I would contact her through her Blog; if that's the only way you have of contacting her? She may have personal issues going on at the moment; it doesn't excuse it but it might explain why she is being this way.
mudder1 Posts: 58
Honestly, life is too short for that kind of thing!! Is there no way at all you can contact her?? Call to her sister's house? Have you no friends in common? What do you mean she'd bought her dress? Was she choosing her own bm dress? Do you have another bm? You might be better to sort out a new bm.