very funny pregnancy book for men

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
If you partner is into reading pregnancy books at all, a great one is "The Bloke's Guide to Pregnancy" by Jon Smith (got it in Easons). We've both read it cover-to-cover already, and it's one of the funniest books I've read in a long time. It skips the scientific explanations and goes into how men (and women) feel all through the pregnancy and after the birth, as well as what changes to expect along the way. It's very practical, down-to-earth and funny (so your man might actually read it). This is what he says about gas: "If you thought your parnter as "flatulence immaculate" then I am afraid you were sorely wrong. One very common side effect of pregnancy is an increase in gas, from both ends. The house will be filled with the joyous sounds of escaping gas, day and night, and you will no longer be told off for adding to the symphony yourself. Just make sure you both get out of the habit once the baby is born"! Enjoy!
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
is this the one you mean? [url:1sak0eu5]http://www.buy4now.ie/eason/productdetail.aspx?pid=2095365&loc=P&catid=1013.0[/url:1sak0eu5]
Hi Mrs E - no it's not that one, though it's by the same guy. I think the one I read is his first book - "The bloke's guide to pregnancy". http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/140190288X Will probably end up getting that one too as he is just so honest and funny! (I've never come across such an honest description of labour, placentas, or what a baby's first poo looks (and smells) like) - it's very informative for ladies as well as blokes!
SoExcited Posts: 204
Thanks BlackCat, was looking for something like that for hubby. Just ordered it there :D
i just found it on easons and have ordered it for hubby, thanks blackcat
Lazylady Posts: 27
I got OH an excellent book during my pregnancy called 'You're Pregnant too Mate', can't remember the author, but would highly recomend it. frighteningly accurate account of pregancy with a very funny slant!
Jelly Posts: 174
another good one is from 'lad to dad' somebody gilles wrote it I think
hey BlackCat, got the book yesterday in the post and he hasn't put it down since! its great thanks for the tip.
Great! My hubbie is now reading it AGAIN - in detail this time chapter by chapter. Make sure you read it too if you can get your hands on it - it's very funny (and useful)!
it mite be tough getting it off him, he would barely let me have a flick through it last nite!!