very long cycle

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sineaaad Posts: 402
Hi, We are currently ttc. This is my 3rd month off the pill and i'm on day 46. Did a test this morning and it was negative. My last 2 cycles were 46 and 49 days. I am getting really worried cos I just read that cycles over 35 are usually associated with ovulation problems. Does anyone know anything about this? I know it can take a while for yor body to get back to normal after the pill but I was only on the pill for 6 months (Was on it for 2 years, took a years break and then went back on it for 6 months). I dont know if my cycles were regular when I wasn't taking the pill for a year cos stupidly I didnt take much notice of how long my cycles were. Any advice greatly appreciated.
NotHere Posts: 10273
Hiya, the day girls will have lots of help for ya, but there is something called Clomid (I think) that will help to regulate your cycle. Like I said, the days girls will have more info. Good luck hun :wv
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Hi, I was told that Agnus Castus is good for regulating cycles, and increasing fertility. But its not to be taken during pregnancy, so I only used before ov date, not after (just in case!) Have you tried using ov tests or temping to see if you are ovulating?
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Sorry, forgot to say that you get that stuff in health food shops, check out a thread a few weeks ago about this
Hi Thanks for replying. No I havent tried ovulation tests or anything like that yet. I am going to try ovulation kits and maybe angus cactus on my next cycle (if AF ever arrives!) I suppose i just always presumed that it would happen for us when we stopped using protection. I got really worried this evening when I read about long cycles being associated with ovulation problems and am kinda panicking a bit now. Thanks again
NotHere Posts: 10273
[quote="sineaaad":3gdehcmq]Hi Thanks for replying. No I havent tried ovulation tests or anything like that yet. I am going to try ovulation kits and maybe angus cactus on my next cycle (if AF ever arrives!) [b:3gdehcmq]I suppose i just always presumed that it would happen for us when we stopped using protection.[/b:3gdehcmq]I got really worried this evening when I read about long cycles being associated with ovulation problems and am kinda panicking a bit now. Thanks again[/quote:3gdehcmq] I think we were all the same :o( It's alot tougher than you'd think isn't it?
[quote:3ofgpz5n]It's alot tougher than you'd think isn't it?[/quote:3ofgpz5n] You can say that again!
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Sineaad, I am off the Pill about 5 months now. We have been properly trying for 3 months now. Like you, my cycles have being getting longer and longer. Last one was 40 days, just waiting to see how long this months will be! Because cycles lenghts are inconsistent, it makes predicting ovulation very difficult. Someone on this site recommended agnus castus so I got it in the health food shop the other day. Started taking it already. I have alot read that cycles lengths over 35/40 days were 'abnormal' and might indicate ovulation issues. I started freakin' out at the start of trying as before I ever went on the pill, I only might have 3/4 periods a year!! So I am just going with the flow for the moment, giving everything time to settle back down after being on the pill, take my agnus castus and see what happens. I am not waiting a year though before I go to the doc. I am taking my temp, monitoring cm and have ordered ovulation test strips to see if I am ovulating. If after another 3/4 months of trying we are not preggers, I am going straight to my doc and asking for tests. I am not hanging around.
Dreamster Posts: 6620
My cycles are really long too so I guess I will be having these worries as soon as we ttc...... There is so much involved I really wonder how so many young girls end up pregnant by accident!
Sassy Posts: 2269
My cycles are all over the place as well. We are ttc for the last 8 months but i have only had 6 cycles. Normally they are around 35-39 but this cycle is, well today day 53. I went to the doctor and she gave me progestron to try and bring it on. I think next month i will try that stuff from the Health Shop Agnus Castus and see if it helps.