Very Small Kerry Wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Freddo Posts: 15
Hi Wollies, I am looking for a little help with finding a restaurant/hotel to have our wedding dinner in, it would be immediate family only max 18,, perferably in the Killorglin/Killarney/Tralee area. A lot of hotels have a minimum of 50 people. We don't really want to start inviting outside immediate family because I know we'll suddenly end up with 100 plus people, we just don't want a big wedding, Many Thanks O:o)
Lucky-In-Love Posts: 133
Have you tried Jack's Coastguard Restaurant in Cromane? It is a little outside Killorglin. I have never been myself but have heard great things about it. I know they do smaller intimate weddings but I don't know about minimum numbers or anything like that.
Thanks lucky-in-love, think I'll send them a mail
twinkles Posts: 5
Hi Freddo, Following on from the previous post, We got married last weekend in Killorglin and had a meal the day after the wedding at jacks. I would highly recommend it, food and atmosphere amazing and staff were so friendly - they really could not do enough to help. if you get a decent day the views and sunset are fab. If you want any more info just PM me. Lots of luck with the planning :)
Thanks twinkles, thanks for the reply. Having been there, do you think a very small wedding party would be accommodated?
twinkles Posts: 5
I was actually just thinking about how it would work. I am not 100% sure but I don't think that the restaurant is open during the day Normally so presume you would have it to yourselves then but not sure what would happen in the evening,. They are really Lovely there so I would just call or drop them an email. Brian is the manager/owner and is really approachable. Let me know how you get on and in the meantime I will have a think about where else. I know Nicks in Killorglin has a private function room, I have not eaten there but my bridesmaid did when she was over for the wedding and said food was good. My parents have been a few times also and liked the food.
Daweeone Posts: 5
Hi Freddo I think the Killarney royal hotel in Killarney will cater for small weddings in their dining room and the food there is gorgeous (try, "joes chowder" it is fab). The rooms and decor inside are lovely too for photo opportunities, I would suggest giving them a call. I think the restaurant in the Ross Hotel also cater for small weddings. Best of luck!!
Julybride2016 Posts: 16
Hi, When we were looking we went to the lake hotel and randle hotel on the muckross road, they both have small rooms but not sure about min number, food etc. Best of luck with your planning :)
Thanks Daweeone, would never have thought of Killarney Royal, have never really heard of someone having reception there but have sent a mail to enquire about the restaurant :wv Hi Julybride2016, thanks for the recommendations, a lot of people seem to get photos done outside the lake hotel. i have never been there but have heard they cater for small weddings, so I'll see what they say when they get back O-O Best of luck with your planning :)