Vest Overload....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

im waiting Posts: 2727
Can I just share some advice with you ladies that are in the process of buying things for your impending arrivals. Don't buy too many vests, I think 15 is enough, I think I've got about 40! :eek I really thought I'd never have enough vests but ds isn't getting wear out of half them. Infact when I'm putting the clothes away, I put the unused ones to the top and the used ones to the bottom so he's gets wear out of as much as possible!!! Then I discovered MORE in the wardrobe that haven't been touched. You do need more babygrows than vests I think it's safe to say. Also try not to buy too many newborn clothes, maybe one or two things because these days babies tend to be bigger than they were a few years ago. H2B went out the morning after ds was bornvand practically bought Penneys and Dunnes, in all new born sizes O:| I try to get wear out of them but they don't stay "newborn/small" for very long. He got gorgeous babygrows for him that he only got to wear once, plus you don't really tend to dress them up on a daily basis, you've enough to be doing. Ds wears his babygrows most days unless were going somewhere important I hope the above helps, I just had to share :-8 Luckily I got to bring half the clothes back to get bigger sizes.
fifibelle Posts: 4447
im waiting, thanks a mil for that info! I was worrying if I had enough vests etc. in newborn/up to one month sizes and judging from your post I have more than enough!!
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I probably have too many vests but most of the ones i have are for up to 13lb so hopefully I'll get some wear out of them. In relation to babygros.......probably don't have enough of these. How many a day/week would you normally go through?
garran9 Posts: 4401
Thanks a mill for that. I had only posted today asking how much I should buy O-O
im waiting Posts: 2727
Winter B2B, I also thought I wouldn't have enough babygrows, I even scabbed as much as possible off my sister but I've about enough now. I'd say I have around 20-30 babygrows. But don't worry about buying too many before the baby comes along because you'll be mad to go out and boy pink or blue as soon as your babies born. On a good day you'll only grow through one babygrow but on the extra pukey days, you could go through a few. In relation to the amount you bring to hospital, I brought 6 babygrows and 6 vests, but got h2b to bring in some whenever I needed them, which actually want that often and i was in for 5 dats after having a section. I think it's safe to say, you might go through 2 day while in hospital, but always have a few spare at home Congradulations to you all by the way. It's such a wonderful experience from start to finish. Enjoy every minute of it girls :lvs (edited to say, please don't mind the spelling, it's the damn Itouch and it's small buttons and predictive text, I'm not actually that bad at spelling If I say so myself :innocent: )
neeov Posts: 4256
DH wanted enough vests and baby gros to do for 1 month without washing!!!!!! Guess he knew he would be doing the washing in the beginning...... I think it really depends on if you get a baby that spits up or not. DD never spit up so there was no need for half the vests or sheets I bought. My #1 tip. Go onto tesco.ie and work out 10 or 15 things you can get that make no fuss dinners (chicken and frozen chips etc). Then you can just order a delivery when you need it. They don't put the nappy sizes on the site, keep one bag of pampers to reference the size, maxi etc.
alton Posts: 3077
my tip is colour catcher sheets! Between baby clothes, muslins, sheets, and then the milk stains on nursing bras, pillowcases and pjs you get through a lot of laundry in the first while. being able to bung it all in the one wash together is essential. I think I was doing a load of laundry every day for the first couple of weeks. I also recommend taping idiot instructions to the washing machine so that your nearest and dearest and any helpful visitors can help out. Keep it simple - a 40 degree wash, with non-bio and colour catcher and lock away other laundry products out of sight!
whirly-girl Posts: 760
I bought new vests yesterday, even though I counted 62 between DD's old ones and ones from my SIL, gave 40 to Vincent de Paul, kept 22 and then I went and bought more............ I really need to get back to having an ounce of a brain...........
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
[quote="alton":28yh9nn0] I also recommend taping idiot instructions to the washing machine so that your nearest and dearest and any helpful visitors can help out. Keep it simple - a 40 degree wash, with non-bio and colour catcher and lock away other laundry products out of sight![/quote:28yh9nn0] I like this tip.........actually told my Dh other day that we have to do a 'how to use washing machine class'!
alton Posts: 3077
[quote="Winter B2B":389c0kyx] I like this tip.........actually told my Dh other day that we have to do a 'how to use washing machine class'![/quote:389c0kyx] Now THAT is the kind of thing that they should cover in the ante-natal classes. :o0