Vests, babygrows?? Clueless - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daff Posts: 11644
no bother, I hadn' a clue when DD arrived how to dress her - stil don't half the time!
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
Awww, Jeez. I can't believe I'm going to be charge of a baby in about 12 weeks. :eek I need a book, with the following chapters: What do babies wear? What do babies eat, and how often? The ABC of bathing baby. Where does baby sleep? Baby and crying - when to worry.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
The thing that's confused me most so far is socks, i actually had to ask my mam why would babies wear socks! In my head that means their little legs wouldn't be covered. I'm thinking they'll be in babygros with feet so do socks go on over them? Basically i've just abandoned the idea of buying any socks at all!
I didn't use socks. They never stay on and aren't really needed anyway. I can't recommend enough What to Expect The First Year. It is brilliant!!! Will tell you all about how often baby should be fed (both FF and BF), how to dress them, how to put them asleep etc. I'd buy now before LO gets here and read the first few chapters. Also the BF chapter is brilliant. This is what I studied before DD arrived and had no issues BF and was really lucky with it.
Bee07 Posts: 628
Just bought it - havent read any of it yet though - going to start this weekend!!
23leanne Posts: 761
Just looked up the book on ebay. Think I need it! Can u tell me who is the author? There seems to be a couple of books of that title? :thnk
this is the one I have and most my friends have. It's great as it has a chapter dedicated to each month detailing what they should be doing, they're development etc. I'm now on the toddler version of the book and it's so insightful into understanding how they develop and how they're mind works.
Delphinium Posts: 3027
Just got it myself! DH got it with a new parent pack from his work if you don't mind. No fear my lot would give us anything as useful as that! Author is Heidi Murkoff same as What to Expect When You Are Expecting.
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
It's £8.65/€9.69 on bookdepository:-