VHI & Pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kersnuffles Posts: 63
Hi Does anyone know what the best VHI healhcare is for when you are pregnant. I don't have internet access at home and in an open plan office at work. so don't want to be too obvious! Thanks girls :thnk
love struck Posts: 1125
kersnuffles I am on the bplan with added healthsteps.. I think most of the options cover the same for maternity cover.. Do you have health cover already? And just looking to increase it/ As you are not covered on any healthcare policy for maternity until you are a year with them...(And I think you can't get pregnant in that year but not 100% sure on that)
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
I got family plan plus and you cannot have a baby in the first year so you'd have to wait 4 or 5 months to get pg after getting the policy if that makes sense...also if you get VHI and decide to go private you'll have to pay 3000euro (average) on top of th VHI and if you go semi private say in the coombe its around 900 on top of VHI I ended up not using the VHI at all for my pregnancy!
kersnuffles Posts: 63
Thanks girls. Am currently on VHI plan A healthsteps plus dental, and am thinking of going semi private so hopefully won't have to pay out too much! Thanks for all your help :thnk
love struck Posts: 1125
kersnuffles You shouldnt have to pay out too much semi private.. I attended HS sp and received terrific care from my consultant who all saw on all but one visit and I had to attend alot due to complications. He also happened to be the consultant on call when I went into labour.. And I only paid 260euro plus the ultra-sound fees of 240 for two. So wasnt bad at all.. Definately do the same if I decide to take the plunge again..
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
The coombe is that price for semi private-700 fees and 100 per scan (you pay for a max of 3)=1000euro :eek :eek for some reason the coombe seems to be really expensive compared to others for semi p