Video - to have or not to have?!!

Go to All Things Wedding

Caca83
New Wolly

Video - to have or not to have?!!

Postby Caca83 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Hey girls,

I was adamant from the start that I did not want one. I didn't want any awkwardness in the house beforehand and then people feeling like they were on camera throughout the day, plus they dont come cheap :eek

Having said all that....... a friend for whom I was bridesmaid just got her video back and it looks great. All the slow-mo looks and smiles makes it very romantic looking!!
So now I am in 2 minds....did anyone regret not having one??
For those who did have one, were ye happy with the end product?
Thanks!!

Joyce18
New Wolly

Re: Video - to have or not to have?!!

Postby Joyce18 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:30 pm

We used yourweddingvideo.ie and were delighted with them! I definitely would have regretted not getting one as it's lovely to look back on :)

CasualBride
Mini Wolly

Postby CasualBride » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Oh definitely get one!! You won't believe how much of the day you will forget / completely miss at the time! It's brilliant to have it to look back on when all the excitement is over.

He doesn't have to go to your house before the wedding if you don't want him to, I didn't do any of that (photos / video) for the same reasons you're saying. Instead, he was at the venue nice and early and caught almost all the guests arriving and having a bit of craic outside in the sunshine with my husband, which was really cool to watch! And you certainly won't feel like you're on camera all day; there is a moment when I reach the top of the aisle, very nervous, and as my husband is leaning over to kiss me, I turn and spot the camera and then I look away, so it's really awkward, and that was embarrassing to me when I watched it, but other than that, there's not a single weird moment when anyone looked like they had the camera right up in their face, or it wasn't a bit intrusive at any stage. They're well used to doing this job, they don't intrude at all.

Mine is very basic to be honest, no slow-mo or romantic montages or anything - I would have liked all that but I chose our videographer because he's local to me, he's a bit old school and very reasonably priced so I kind of knew what to expect - I would have liked to have had a more modern style but I felt that I should support the local provider so I just went with him. It's still brilliant to have it, but if you're looking for something that's really professional with lots of extras, then go with your friend's supplier or get onto YouTube and have a look at what's out there.
I don't think you'll regret it if you get one, but you very easily could regret not getting one.

Sunshine_30
New Wolly

Postby Sunshine_30 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:07 pm

Definitely get one. You will regret it if you don't. It's probably one of the "extras" I got that I don't regret. I also got mine last minute. Was totally unsure for all the reasons you have said but mine didn't even seem like he was in the house. He was amazing. He hardly came near me for the day and yet my video caputured so much that I ended up missing. I went with Shane Prunty. He is on Facebook and his videos are so so modern and good. Have a look. Good luck

Caca83
New Wolly

Postby Caca83 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Thanks ladies, the more I speak to people the more I am convinced. Not cheap though....but sure none of this getting married craic is!!

Go to All Things Wedding

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T