Videographer €1495 is that expensive

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adoherty2424 Posts: 257
What kind of prices are you guys payin for your video guy..........................................
SaraD08 Posts: 1795
my guy €2,000 so i would say thats not too bad! :o)ll My guy arrived at the house around 11am (got married at 12.30) then he stayed until 20 after first dance
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
im paying €900 for 8 hrs - but might try and squeeze an extra hr out of him :)
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
I'd say you do get what you pay for, quality wise, and its not only the day I'd say thats the easy part the hard work starts with the editing! If you like his work and the style and way he presents his videos I'm sure you're getting good value for money :wv
workingmom Posts: 3429
We paid 1200 in 2007, TBH, there were cheaper ones out there, but the quality was rubbish, shaky camera work makes me feel ill.... so I paid extra for the quality and the style. In all things wedding related, people focus on the bottom line, like saying oh I got x for 400 euro then everyone else feeling ripped off, but really, I think it should be more about 1. the style of the video 2. the quality of the finished product 3. whether you warm to the person or not. TBH, apart from your DH, the videographer will spend the most time with you that day, (some all day till 12 at night) so it's really important you like them, and get on with them. HTH.
Sweet as pie Posts: 376
Im paying €1000 for mine coming to my house before church and staying until after the band or 1.30am so thinks it a good deal and i have seen a good lot of his dvd and they are good quality. If you are really happy with the quality of the videographer's work i would pay the bit extra if you think its worth it. Its going to be you that has to look at it for years to come
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="mrs gk":1i3m2qx3]We paid 1200 in 2007, TBH, there were cheaper ones out there, but the quality was rubbish, shaky camera work makes me feel ill.... so I paid extra for the quality and the style. In all things wedding related, people focus on the bottom line, like saying oh I got x for 400 euro then everyone else feeling ripped off, but really, I think it should be more about 1. the style of the video 2. the quality of the finished product 3. whether you warm to the person or not. TBH, apart from your DH, the videographer will spend the most time with you that day, (some all day till 12 at night) so it's really important you like them, and get on with them. HTH.[/quote:1i3m2qx3] +1 really good advice here from mrs gk.
stickwoman Posts: 2394
My cousin got married about 3 yrs ago and was forever saying "video guy was a steal - only 600€!!" and that was her primary reason for booking him. She definitely wasn't saying that afterwards! You couldn't hear them in the church, the sound was so bad. He missed some of their first dance and it was really really [b:1mnjwef4]really[/b:1mnjwef4] badly edited!! Plus he came across as an idiot on the day. Bottom line - you get what you pay for. As other posters have said, it's down to the style, quality and the actual video guy. Ours is 1000 for videographer to come to house first and stay until first three dances.
Sammie123 Posts: 126
I'm paying 1400 - nut would also be of the thinking you get what you pay for. I got Keith Malone - who done my friends wedding and her DVD is AMAZING!! so I am happy to pay I am definitly getting what I pay for. Consiering the cost of other things - that will be gone after the day I plan on having the DVD forever so definitly worth it!
bearabride Posts: 35
I'm paying €950 from the morning up to half hour after the first days. I have also seen the sample DVD and loved it. Not too cheesy! You can choose your own music to suit your taste etc. Can PM you the details if you would like? They guy is really nice to deal with to.