Videographer prices

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maybride2017 Posts: 232
Hi, I got quoted 1100 for a full day of shooting from a Videographer, I like his work and am wondering is this the going rate for videographers? I find it[b:28tjd7ev][u:28tjd7ev] beyond frustrating [/u:28tjd7ev][/b:28tjd7ev]that most photographer/videographers/bands and general suppliers don't put their prices online, as I don't have huge amounts of time to sit writing emails just to find out they are way over budget. If that's the general rate I may aswell go with him and not waste my time looking for other suppliers ya know O:|
PlayBones Posts: 32
Hi, If you like his stuff I think that's a good price. I've been getting quotes from 1300 - 1700, from the people whose stuff I like. Do you mind me asking who is quoting you this price? Thanks, and best of luck with everything! PB.
Great thanks for letting me know, its so hard to know what the going rate is! :)
Curlyk Posts: 24
[quote="maybride2017":3hvhph4l]Hi, I got quoted 1100 for a full day of shooting from a Videographer, I like his work and am wondering is this the going rate for videographers? I find it[b:3hvhph4l][u:3hvhph4l] beyond frustrating [/u:3hvhph4l][/b:3hvhph4l]that most photographer/videographers/bands and general suppliers don't put their prices online, as I don't have huge amounts of time to sit writing emails just to find out they are way over budget. If that's the general rate I may aswell go with him and not waste my time looking for other suppliers ya know O:|[/quote:3hvhph4l] You are so right about it being frustrating having to send emails instead of clear pricing O:| It's one of the reasons I have gone for my videographer; I loved that his packages are clearly (and reasonably) priced on his website.
@Curlyk wow they really are great prices of packages! Great find! :o)ll
CasualBride Posts: 574
Hi MayBride, It is annoying but I guess they don't want their competition being able to look at their prices and undercut them - it's a common enough thing in business, I run a business myself and that's the reason we don't publicise every price, you'll always get someone new to the trade coming along and undercutting everyone else. But anyway, my videographer is around the 700 euro mark and he's well established, but having said that, he's in the game a long time and might not have the freshest ideas compared to a younger person, so it's all about what you prefer I guess!
ozzybride2be Posts: 39
Hi Casual Bride, Can I ask who you got for 700? I'm trying to convince the OH that we should get a videographer and he keeps arguing costs.
I was on the fence aswell about a videographer as my mam said it would be a lot going on with a photographer and videographer but I read a piece the other day about a women who said her biggest regret on the day was not having one, the day being so busy she missed so much of what went on and photos can only do so much, she would have loved to seen peoples reactions to the entrance and speeches. Another women said it was so nice having happy footage of loved ones who had passed since, if needs be cut back on something else, there are loads of savings to be made
Limelight Wedding Films Posts: 113
Hi all that are out there following this post. The reason you are getting prices from 700 to 1700euro is because, I am not sure if you know it but there is at least 2 different styles out there at the moment, one is the traditional video, probably still using big video cameras, or maybe smaller newer cameras and there are wedding films, just familiarise yourself with the difference. A good Cinematographer producing fine wedding films is starting at probably 1300euro upwards. You will find some cinematographers who charge less but its a rarity. I am in the wedding business myself and we are in the cinematography business, which means very, very high end work, it takes longer to produce, alot more expertise to shoot and create a wedding film. And even within the cinematography category, you will have newcomers and also very experienced wedding film makers. Its like comparing a mini to a BMW you can drive both but you pay more for the BMW. You literally are paying for what you get. I hope that helps in some way, I know the whole business is confusing, but if you want to PM me I can give you more info kind regards Maria
CasualBride Posts: 574
ozzybride2be, I just PMd you with the details there!