Videographer question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Videographer has asked about audio and I am not sure what to tell him. He has mentioned 2 options - tie mic on the groom or digital recorder near the church speakers. Anyone know what the right answer would be??
OrTees Posts: 907
Hi DR, I had a big discussion with videographer yesterday in prep for our wedding so I think I know what he means! If your priest is holding up a microphone when you are saying your vows he can just record by the church speakers. But some priests don't use a microphone, in which case a mic on the groom will pick up your words, otherwise they won't be heard on the video. HTH :wv
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
Oh I think I'd rather the mic near the church speakers - incase the groom was saying something he shouldn't!!
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
[quote="AwkwardAnnie":1m4uzeh6]Oh I think I'd rather the mic near the church speakers - incase the groom was saying something he shouldn't!![/quote:1m4uzeh6] :o0 That's what I thought!!
JMBvideos Posts: 511
Hi Daisy Row The advice I would give you as a videographer is as follows... It is always recommended to use the little radio mic that your own videographer is providing you with. It is the only way to be guaranteed audio quality like in [url=http://www.jmbvideos.com/clairealan.php:5su3jzri]This Sample[/url:5su3jzri]. Taking the feed from the church speaker can be very hit and miss because your videographer is totally depending on what comes out of the speaker. This can be OK sometimes but it is not uncommon to find quite a loud buzz coming from the speakers especially in an older system. We provide a mic for our clients as well but this is only used to record the vows and is muted at all other times. If you have any concerns regarding the privacy of your conversations, you should mention this to your videographer in advance and Im sure he/she will put your mind at rest.
ATL Photography Posts: 255
I would recommend the tie mic. He can also put a tie mic on the priest so if the priest doesn't use a microphone or wanders around then he has all the options covered. For absolute security he could also use a recorder on the speakers :)
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
[quote="AwkwardAnnie":325b7cs9]Oh I think I'd rather the mic near the church speakers - incase the groom was saying something he shouldn't!![/quote:325b7cs9] [quote="JMBvideos":325b7cs9]Hi Daisy Row The advice I would give you as a videographer is as follows... It is always recommended to use the little radio mic that your own videographer is providing you with. It is the only way to be guaranteed audio quality like in [url=http://www.jmbvideos.com/clairealan.php:325b7cs9]This Sample[/url:325b7cs9]. Taking the feed from the church speaker can be very hit and miss because your videographer is totally depending on what comes out of the speaker. This can be OK sometimes but it is not uncommon to find quite a loud buzz coming from the speakers especially in an older system. We provide a mic for our clients as well but this is only used to record the vows and is muted at all other times. If you have any concerns regarding the privacy of your conversations, you should mention this to your videographer in advance and Im sure he/she will put your mind at rest.[/quote:325b7cs9] Oh, phew! Its muted in all other parts bar the vows!! :duh: I'd have an awful habit of whispering things to my hubby in mass (not rude things before you think otherwise!!) but I wouldn't like the mic picking that up!! :-8 :o0 I understand that all church sound systems may leave something to be desired and after looking at JMB's sample - I want mine that crystal clear! So I think when my time comes I'll have to talk my OH round to having the tie mic!!