videographer

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

august belle Posts: 91
can anyone give me a number or website for a videographer?? all the ones i've tried are very expensive, in the thousand mark and wasn't quite expecting to pay that.
tonyphoto Posts: 29
Hi, I can pm you some details of guys based in West Cork if that is of any use? Tony
Mrs Unichick Posts: 1004
You could try Pat Corbett Video his number is 087-8475470. €850 for as far as 20 minutes dancing. He's in the Limerick area.
mrdvd Posts: 649
When and when are you getting married? It helps to mention it so that you won't be solicited by companies who are unavailable. I agree that a thousand or more seems expensive because it is. However the cost of being a videographer is also wayyy expensive. Brides all demand the latest equipment and radio microphones - which cost many thousands (one of my mics alone costs the same as a first rate consumercamcorder) and they all have to be duplicated with a backup system in case something goes wrong. Then there's the post production computers and editing software (not cheap). Then there's the cost of advertising here and the hair-raising prices charged for stands at some wedding fairs. It all means that a videographer must charge a basic high price just to recoup costs and at the end of the day- this must be paid for by you the bride. It's no wonder your day out is so expensive. I am not complaining, just commenting on one supplier category offering I believe good service- and dare I say it good value for money- we earn a living but I know of no videographer driving a top of the range Merc! You will find that many companies offer a church to first dance deal for circa a thousand. The prices rise after that are due to extras that you may wish added on. There's also the premium you pay for an expert who knows just where to be to get the right shot. Like any profession- you pay extra for experience. While proper budgeting for any item in your wedding is important- it's important you don't just fixate on price- for any supplier- think about equipment, backup equipment, experience and feedback as well. Not just in the videographer category. I know as someone who was married two years ago, that I wanted the best wedding I could afford- not the cheapest. No insult is ever intended here of course- I just want to draw attention to the high cost of doing business in this country- which unfortunately is passed onto you brides. It' a harsh reality- I love what I do- recording memories that will be cherished for decades or more is a heck of a job- I just wish I could do it cheaper. Just some thoughts Rgds Martin
Enchantress Posts: 1509
I think that unfortunately €1000 or so is what you might expect to pay! Its a lot I agree but you get what you pay for and you have the DVD to cherish for ever... Good luck, hope you find someone suitable! I booked Martin (above) he seems to know his stuff and is a genuinely nice bloke (dont be getting a big head Martin :o0 )
marianf Posts: 5845
Where are you based? If its around Tipp, Waterford, Kilkenny etc. I might be able to help.
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
[quote="excitedbride2be":1p2f57sx]I think that unfortunately €1000 or so is what you might expect to pay! Its a lot I agree but you get what you pay for and you have the DVD to cherish for ever... Good luck, hope you find someone suitable! I booked Martin (above) he seems to know his stuff and is a genuinely nice bloke (dont be getting a big head Martin :o0 )[/quote:1p2f57sx] [color=purple:1p2f57sx]Ditto. We have also booked Martin as our videographer. I find the advice he gives on here is always unbiased & truthful. He also offers a good package for your money. :wv [/color:1p2f57sx]