Viewing a band at another wedding??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jmeath Posts: 5740
Going to see a band tonight at a wedding...anyone have any advice? I know we have to be discreet and not stay too long....do we just have a drink at the bar? How long do we stay?
secret2012 Posts: 1134
when i viewed a band at another wedding we dressed like we were goin to a wedding and we stayed at bar. we could also hear band from outside reception room. it was a bit mad because a few weeks later i saw a wollie write her report on her wedding - the wedding i had been at!!! she even posted pics up.
frangipani Posts: 1543
We've all had to do it! Don't turn up in jeans. Dress as you would to the afters of a wedding. Good luck, hope the band are good!
Seriously??? I was thinking trousers/jeans with heels and a nice top!!!! I dont have any dressy clothes for a wedding.......
frangipani Posts: 1543
[quote="meathbride10":2qqv6co4]Seriously??? I was thinking trousers/jeans with heels and a nice top!!!! I dont have any dressy clothes for a wedding.......[/quote:2qqv6co4] would you wear jeans to a wedding? :eek do you have a nice going out skirt you could wear instead? the key is to blend in......i think you would stand out as not being a guest by wearing jeans.
[quote="frangipani":noc6yltd][quote="meathbride10":noc6yltd]Seriously??? I was thinking trousers/jeans with heels and a nice top!!!! I dont have any dressy clothes for a wedding.......[/quote:noc6yltd] would you wear jeans to a wedding? :eek do you have a nice going out skirt you could wear instead? the key is to blend in......i think you would stand out as not being a guest by wearing jeans.[/quote:noc6yltd] :o0 me have a skirt?? Well ive a black 3/4 length linen summer skirt but none of my shoes go with it bar flip flops! I just thought maybe jeans, heels and a nice top ....we're only gonna be there 20mins... Oh god id have bought something if id have known. Maybe ill wear a pair of my black work trousers with a nice top and nice silver sandals???
Dir Posts: 351
dont do what we did .. turn up when the band was taking a break during the afters food ... did it twice .. b4 we coped on !!!
[quote="Dir":333yw3f4]dont do what we did .. turn up when the band was taking a break during the afters food ... did it twice .. b4 we coped on !!![/quote:333yw3f4] :o0 awh....poor you!!!!! Did you wait around? The band gave us a "slot"!!! All went well! We fited in, h2b ore jeans and a shirt and shoes and i wore black trouser and a black n white top! We saw 2 men sitting at the tables with runners and jeans on!!!! The band were very good!! :-)
Dir Posts: 351
:o0 awh....poor you!!!!! Did you wait around? The band gave us a "slot"!!! All went well! We fited in, h2b ore jeans and a shirt and shoes and i wore black trouser and a black n white top! We saw 2 men sitting at the tables with runners and jeans on!!!! The band were very good!! :-)[/quote] Waited around .. funny the first time..not so funny the 2nd.. we were not clever enough to ask the band for a slot .. but one band took over an hourbreak ... so we didnt book em because of that.. but eventually we learned and god our band THANK GOD ...We got our fill of irish dancers also ... :eek
secret2012 Posts: 1134
so meathbride are u going to go for that band? which band is it (if u dont want to say pm)