Menu

Vilamoura/ albhuferia advise please!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chickgirl Posts: 25
Hi there Can anyone give me advise on accomodation in either Vilamoura or albhufeira please. We are travelling in September with a baby and 3 adults so need hotel that is central , baby friendly and that has two bedrooms. I have done some research and cannot seem to get a hotel with two bedrooms. They all seem to have one bedroom and then pull out sofa beds in living room area which isnt ideal. Any advise or feedback from anyone familar with either area would be a great help. Also we havent decided on wither Vilamoura or Albhufeira either, can you tell me which is nicer. I was told to stya away from new town if we were going to Albhuferia. Thanks
MrQ Posts: 1085
I thought Villamora was very much posher and a lot of Golf Courses and Albufeira was a lot different and full of package holiday type hotels but I'd still pick Albuefeira for families. First result I found with 2 Bedroom Apartments was http://www.hotelparaisodealbufeira.info/ It's showing up as being €798 for 7 nights this September anyway. There's 347 hotels in the Albufeira region so unless somebody suggests one from personal experience you shouldn't find it hard to find one. Try http://www.trivago.ie
lorraine78 Posts: 988
The last time we stayed in Albuferia,we stayed in the Marina de Albuferia apartments.They were fab,even had a seperate family pool suited for small children.Only thing is,they're a good 10-15 minutes walk into the town.
MctoBe Posts: 56
We stayed in Vila Petra in Albuferia. It about a five minute walk of the main strip but very quiet at night so no problem sleeping. I'm not sure about rooms as we had a studio apartment which was really nice. We also used the small train to go down to the old town a few times to go to Fishermans Beach.
Girls thanks so much for the replies. Some good suggestions. I looked up the hotels you mention and the Vila Petra seems to be a bit if a walk alright. Hotel paraiso looks nice but not sure about its location. They other hotel looks nice too. I would really like feedback from people who have stayed in either vilamoura or albhufera though. Any recommendations would help. I have been told to stay away from new town in albhufera. What is the location I would be looking for near old town? Just to narrow down my search. Thanks again
lorraine78 Posts: 988
The 1st time we went to Albuferia,we stayed in the Jardim aparthotel.I wouldn't recommend it at all.Very run down and tiny rooms.The old town part is very hilly too! Its 6 years since we were there,but noticed the town itself was getting a bit livelier(sp),lots of pubs with thumping music.Thats why i was glad we stayed a wee bit out of town. Having said that,theres a lovely square with lots of nice restaurants and pubs in it,just depends what part you go to :)
Keith Malone Video
Thanks Lorraine. What part would you recommend staying in?