Vintage Decorations for table?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AliB2011 Posts: 90
Hi all, I am trying to have a Art Deco/Vintage theme for my wedding. I want to avoid too much expense and going too over the top. Going to have table signs and menu's in art deco font. Any other idea's what I could have for the table to add to the theme?! Here is what else I have so far... Art deco font and design for invites Wax seal for invites Art deco guest book Hotel stationary all art deco font 1920's car 1920's theme hen lace dress Arto deco hair comb Men's pocket watches Granny's wedding coins from 1920's Art deco clutch Art deco fan design cake
Nic2012 Posts: 35
I am using photoframes for my table numbers, I am going more french vintage but as you are doing art deco mirrored photoframes with numbers in would look fab. You could get them quite cheap in dunnes or ikea. You could then reuse them after for some wedding photos ! A big one would work really well for your table plan aswell
flor Posts: 1621
what about hiring white ostrich feather centrepieces? not sure how much it costs but i did a quick google & there appears to be a place in wexford called in water which hires them (there may be others but i haven't looked). you could maybe add to them using cheap strands of pearls from somehere like penneys? also maybe try searching on ebay for art deco style bric-a-brac, you could decorate each table slightly differently with different art deco style items. i also saw a very cute little grammaphone for sale on ebay (it's for decoration only, doesn't actually work) - could be nice on the cake table or somewhere near photos are taken. there are lovely vintage style tea light holders for sale on ebay also but they work out about e3.50 each, which could work out expensive enough if youhave alot of tables... HTH!
allaboutweddings Posts: 813
Hi Flor, This might be something like the ones you were describing - we supply them and are based in Wicklow - here is the link to the website www,allaboutweddings.ie to the reception decor section : http://shop.allaboutweddings.ie//recept ... 7_178.html We also decorated a wedding where the bride wanted vintage centrepieces but every table had different style centrepieces but they all complimented each other - one table maybe had a birdcage with dusty pink flowers in the base - another table had a cream candleabra and a floral arrangement - another table had a floral arrangement and a candle arrangement - it worked really well and all the flowers were silk - here is the link to the website so you might get an idea of what I mean : http://shop.allaboutweddings.ie//recept ... _1198.html If you have any queries dont hesitate to send me a mail or we have a showroom in Arklow and you are more than welcome to come out anytime and have a look. Thanks a mil Michelle http://www.allaboutweddings.ie [attachment=1:wuea6q2k]feather_ centerpieces_rs.jpg[/attachment:wuea6q2k] [attachment=0:wuea6q2k]bespoke1.jpg[/attachment:wuea6q2k]
AliB2011 Posts: 90
Thanks a million for all the suggestions! Some great idea's there, hopefully get something organised!