Menu

Violinist at meal! Patricia Treacy?

Go to All Things Wedding

lush11
Woloholic

Violinist at meal! Patricia Treacy?

Postby lush11 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:37 pm

My mother was at a wedding recently where they had a girl playing a violin and she said it was amazing as she went around to each table and everyone was clapping.
Anyone know how much she costs? Think i heard she was almost 700 quid which is a bit Irish?

lush11
Woloholic

Re: Violinist at meal! Patricia Treacy?

Postby lush11 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:53 am

Anyone even heard of her??

GreenerPastures
Ultimate Wolly

Postby GreenerPastures » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:59 am

I haven't heard of her myself. But the best thing if you want to know her fee is to actually contact her yourself. That €700 figure may be incorrect. Maybe the bride and groom inflated the figure so they could say they spent more than they really did? People can be funny sometimes. I'm not a fan of music during the meal anyway. People are happy enough to chat amongst themselves and don't need any additional entertainment at this stage.

M Chereux
Mini Wolly

Postby M Chereux » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:31 pm

I know Pat Tracey and she is an outstanding musician.

I have heard of her playing at a wedding before and that price is around the same I was told. She is prob that dear because of her crudentials. She is one of the best violinists around.

tinkbella
New Wolly

Postby tinkbella » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Eimear Bradley does the same thing. Check out her website. She doesnt charge as much as that.She plays through wedding meals with an electric violin-easy listening and popular tunes in acoustic style. She then walks around the tables during/after desserts and does some entertaining.
She has played at Cabra castle, Crom castle and all the top theatres in the UK.

craftyPB
Woloholic

Postby craftyPB » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:05 pm

I played in an orchestra alongside her - she's amazing!! The price reflects that!!

City Folk
MrsSparkle2B
Wolly Addict

Postby MrsSparkle2B » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:58 am

She played at a wedding i was at last year & i have to say she was AMAZING! Everyone was talking about her the whole day & even the next day. I am not sure how much she charges but i was talking to the brides mother who said she was very expensive. But in their opinion totally worth it as everyone was up dancing before the desert was served, created an amazing atmosphere!

Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer
WOL Network

Postby Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:10 am

Yes I totally agree that €700 is probably an inflated price.
We arranged this entertainment a few times recently at weddings and it really went down a treat.
Give a shout on 085 7378872 and I am sure I can arrange something for you. It really is a very classy idea.

Hope This Helps

Sinead
Sinead Nic Gabhann Wedding Ceremony Singer
Voted Best Wedding Ceremony Singer in Ireland 2014 and 2015

Singer for the church, Civil ceremonies, Humanist ceremonies, Pre Dinner and Drinks Receptions
Website http://www.sineadnicgabhann.com
085 7378872

tinkbella
New Wolly

Postby tinkbella » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:55 am

TBH €700 wouldn't be that much, thinking through. If she had to travel and if she's in her own league then understandable.

This was the girl my family saw at a wedding although our wedding guests were a bit quieter than these guests. They loved it anyway. :o)ll

Eimear or (Emer?) Bradley, she's from Belfast and does loads of the weddings near Cavan and in the north. Did Lord of the Dance too. There's a great video on youtube of her playing at the meal in Trim Castle Hotel.

Another great band are The She's. O-O

:custum59

lmurphy2
New Wolly

Postby lmurphy2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Does anyone else know of anyone else that does this. I have tried Patricia and Eimear and they are booked up :-(

Go to All Things Wedding