Viral infection SOS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

OAT Posts: 2207
For the last 2 weeks I've had a viral and throat infection, including severe bad headaches, since saturday I've been bed ridden and really really nauseous to the point where I can't even stand up without thinking I'm going to either vomit or pass out. So just wondering what to do now, I find my gp useless, I'm finished the course of antibiotics later today so I know if I go back to her she's just going to try pass the buck and send me to holles st but I could really do without a trip to holles st especially if they're just going to say it's not pregnancy related, go back to your gp.... has anyone else been in a similiar situation?
redroses Posts: 714
Is there any chance its the antibiotics your on that are making you feel so lousy? I know when i took a course of antibiotics last year i was as weak and sick with them, dh had to drive me to the doc where i passed out as soon as i got there. Doc said it was a reaction to the antibiotics as they were quite strong ans changed them, i felt 100% better the next day.
OAT Posts: 2207
[quote="redroses":247wkzlk]Is there any chance its the antibiotics your on that are making you feel so lousy? I know when i took a course of antibiotics last year i was as weak and sick with them, dh had to drive me to the doc where i passed out as soon as i got there. Doc said it was a reaction to the antibiotics as they were quite strong ans changed them, i felt 100% better the next day.[/quote:247wkzlk] Yeah I was thinking that but I've taken this antibiotic a zillion times before and its not a high dosage.. Maybe I might ring the GP, I just don't seem to get one with the woman, she makes me feel like I'm making everything up or something :-8 so hate having anything to do with her O:|