Visiting hours in CUMH

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vonnyoc Posts: 2688
Does anyone know the visiting hours in CUMH? My best friend had a baby & I was wondering when I can visit. She's in a lot of pain right now so I don't want to disturb her.
meeeeeow Posts: 1349
Found this - http://www.eecho.ie/community/cork/hosp ... s_cork.asp But... don't think CUMH is on it, unless it's the same as CUH??
love struck Posts: 1125
vonnyoc Does she really want visitors? I know after having my lo I didnt want anyone but my husband and my mam and dad.. And my 2 best friends had children recently and they felt the exact same, I think the hospital isnt the best time to see someone she'll prob only be in for a couple of days why not wait till she gets home unless she has begged you to visit her :o0 :o0
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I think it's an hour from 3-4, and then maybe an hour or two around 7pm (but not 100% on that) ... I do know that they are very strict and will not allow anyone to visit outside of these hours, other than the partner. To be honest, if she's in pain, I wouldn't visit either. Send her a bunch of flowers and a message to say that you'll call to her in a week or so when she's had a chance to settle in at home.
SaJa Posts: 4282
I thinks its 2.30 to 4pm and 7pm till 8.30pm
Toni Baloney Posts: 544
CUMH phone number is Tel (021) 492 0500 so I'd ring to check, there may be visiting restrictions for vomiting bugs etc. I'd also text your friend or her husband/partner first to make sure she's up for visitors...
Thanks girls, she's made it quiet clear if I [u:25kvo5vn]don't[/u:25kvo5vn] come up I'll be killed!!! She's more like my sister so I am defo allowed come up. I won't go up until Sat though. Baby is doing very well but she's a little tender down below :eek
slinkyminx Posts: 650
I was up there last night visiting my friend who has just had a baby - the visiting times are 3pm-4pm, & 7pm-8.30pm.
Thanks so much, I'll head up for 3 ish so tomorrow :thnk