Visiting the Coombe

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

betty draper Posts: 728
Can any of the new mammies let me know how strict visiting is in the Coombe. SIL had a baby yesterday and the whole family wants to go up this evening. I've tried to tell them that we'll only be let in one at a time but I'm being overruled. Its the first grandchild on both sides so there's alot of excited relatives. Do they really only let in one at a time? DH would rather we be allowed in together but according to the website we can only to that if BIL comes down and gives us his pass? Any insight would be appreciated. thanks,
Carriedaway Posts: 1863
Very strict. It's 2 at a time security will ask for name of patient, check list give you a visitors pass and mark it on the list. If someone else arrives while you are up there they will be made wait In reception until you come back down with pass.security don't take any craps they have heard every excuse in the book it can be fun to watch while you are waiting. Once there is no one else up there you and your do should be allowed up together
gopro Posts: 1801
yes they are strict. DH went down and gave the pink so it allowed both grandparents up together.
gopro Posts: 1801
also remind them that your BIL is also only allowed visit in those times my friends DH only got 5 mins because so many ppl came to visit
thanks ladies, that's what i thought.
mrspiggy Posts: 1289
Yes they are very strict but can I suggest you don't all go on the one day. Your SIL is going to be so overwhelmed with everything that has just happened and may not be up for too many people. I remember there was one day after I had DD where I didn't want to see anyone and the one friend who came in to see me was the right person in that situation.
I know Mrspiggy, I have tried to tell them, but I'm being overruled.
princesselm Posts: 240
[quote="gopro":3gef530t]also remind them that your BIL is also only allowed visit in those times my friends DH only got 5 mins because so many ppl came to visit[/quote:3gef530t] that can't be right! surely the baby's father is allowed whenever he wants! have never heard of father's being restricted to visiting hours, my DH was in from 8am-10pm some days, albeit in holles st. I couldn't have coped on my own!
mrspiggy Posts: 1289
Unfortunately princesselm in the coombe it can happen. The father has a visiting slip but he can give it to someone else to go up instead. While I was in a private room there was no issue with the time DH was there but the night I was a public ward security came around and ushered him out.
Baby Powder Posts: 265
[quote="princesselm":1d5lff5i][quote="gopro":1d5lff5i]also remind them that your BIL is also only allowed visit in those times my friends DH only got 5 mins because so many ppl came to visit[/quote:1d5lff5i] that can't be right! surely the baby's father is allowed whenever he wants! have never heard of father's being restricted to visiting hours, my DH was in from 8am-10pm some days, albeit in holles st. I couldn't have coped on my own![/quote:1d5lff5i] W Was only discharged from there on Thursday, hubby was given a pink slip which meant he could visit all day from 09:00 to 20:30 with the exception of mealtimes, which were 11:45-13:15 and 16:00-18:30. 2 additional people were allowed visit from 18:30-20:30 with the White card which was given to them at security.