Visitors while you are in hospital

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wobbler Posts: 300
i have been looking into maternity hospitals recently, holles street and the coombe both have policies of two visiters per patient. are there exemptions to this if you request for more people to be allowed in? if you are in a private room or semi/private is this still the case?
pfinn Posts: 44
Hey there I had my baby in the Coombe and at one stage i had 5 people in all at the one time and they didn't mind.
mammybean Posts: 10364
i think most hospitals have this as a general policy but i dont think many enforce it unless its for very sick paitents
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="anonbride07":59ax8y7h]i have been looking into maternity hospitals recently, holles street and the coombe both have policies of two visiters per patient. are there exemptions to this if you request for more people to be allowed in? if you are in a private room or semi/private is this still the case?[/quote:59ax8y7h] I asked about husbands/partners being including in the 2 people and they are not,no exemptions for semi-private unfortunately and no children unless they are your own.I am thinking that my sis,mam and dad cant visit us for the first time together which is a pity but what can we do,they have the mother and babies best interest in mind for visiting hours. I personally hate the thoughts of people gathering around us anyway to be honest.
Moet for me Posts: 1841
They are extremely strict on this in the Rotunda I was in a private room and they still only let 2 people up at a time, they have vouchers which you then swop with the other visitors, DH can come up anytime though.
chilledout Posts: 834
I was semi private in the Coombe and had 6 visitors one day (at the same time) including 2 kids (neither my own!). No one said a word. Now it was a semi private ward (4 beds) but I was the only one in it at the time so maybe that's why it wasn't a problem. i have heard the Coombe was very strict recently when the vomiting bug was going around.
Baby cakes Posts: 1237
[quote="Moet for Me":2dyhkwr7]They are extremely strict on this in the Rotunda I was in a private room and they still only let 2 people up at a time, they have vouchers which you then swop with the other visitors, DH can come up anytime though.[/quote:2dyhkwr7] yeah thats the way they said it was for me too in Rotunda well, I didnt give anyone a chance to come in had baby at 11.40pm and was at home having dinner in mams at 5pm, in my own bed snoozing away at 7pm. Left hubby to get on with it :o0 I hate hospitals :o(
[quote="Baby cakes":3a4zqzgu][quote="Moet for Me":3a4zqzgu]They are extremely strict on this in the Rotunda I was in a private room and they still only let 2 people up at a time, they have vouchers which you then swop with the other visitors, DH can come up anytime though.[/quote:3a4zqzgu] yeah thats the way they said it was for me too in Rotunda well, I didnt give anyone a chance to come in had baby at 11.40pm and was at home having dinner in mams at 5pm, in my own bed snoozing away at 7pm. Left hubby to get on with it :o0 I hate hospitals :o([/quote:3a4zqzgu] Not on your first though right? :ooh
Baby cakes Posts: 1237
[quote="Mama Dora":28dwjj09][quote="Baby cakes":28dwjj09][quote="Moet for Me":28dwjj09]They are extremely strict on this in the Rotunda I was in a private room and they still only let 2 people up at a time, they have vouchers which you then swop with the other visitors, DH can come up anytime though.[/quote:28dwjj09] yeah thats the way they said it was for me too in Rotunda well, I didnt give anyone a chance to come in had baby at 11.40pm and was at home having dinner in mams at 5pm, in my own bed snoozing away at 7pm. Left hubby to get on with it :o0 I hate hospitals :o([/quote:28dwjj09] [b:28dwjj09]Not on your first though right? :ooh[/quote:28dwjj09][/b:28dwjj09] no mama, not on my first but there was a 9 yr gap and it was hubbies first. He was very confident though, has five younger siblings and praticcally raised the 3 youngest from birth so I had no worries. I just wanted my own bed. Although when I had my first I was 21 had her at 8.50pm xmas eve and the doc told me i could go home at 8am xmas morning and only my dad said no way i would hav been home. I really hate hospitals :wv
Thought so :o0 I hope to stay as long as possible