VIVAS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi does anyone know anything about Vivas plans. I was looking at the "I" plan level 2. I am planning on TTC in a couple of months and would like cover for a private room in a public hospital. This plan seems to have good extra benefits. There is a waiting period of 1 year - from when do they count - conception or birth ie. if i joined now and gave birth next Feb would i be covered ??? Thanks for any info, i cant ring from my office cos people will overhear.
Baby cakes Posts: 1237
HI, Im with vivas on the we plan level two day to day and it covers semi private. To be honest with private room you are not guarenteed a room only if one is available. I have been looking at the i plan and it doesnt seem to cover private room in a public hospital 'i plan' details All of our products in the 'i plan' have been designed specifically for someone who is responsible and takes the idea of health insurance seriously. With VIVAS Health you can customise your health plan to suit your specific needs. You have five different levels of hospital cover to choose from on the 'i plan'. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Level 1: Semi-private room in a public hospital Annual Adult Premium €360 Comparative VHI A Option €452.47 Comparative BUPA Essential €331.32 more info ¦ quick quote -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Level 2: Semi-private room in a private hospital Annual Adult Premium €503 Comparative VHI Plan B Options €664.21 Comparative BUPA Essential Plus €524.83 more info ¦ quick quote -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Level 3: Private room in a private hospital Annual Adult Premium €747 Comparative VHI C Option €999.02 more info ¦ quick quote -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Level 4: Semi-private room in a high-tech hospital Annual Adult Premium €1160.50 Comparative VHI D Option €1274.85 more info ¦ quick quote -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Level 5: Private room in a high-tech hospital Annual Adult Premium €1614.50 Comparative VHI E Option €1876.11 more info ¦ quick quote -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- day-to-day We are delighted to offer you a choice between two plans specifically designed to cater for your day-to-day medical needs. Both plans give you money back on a range of benefits. Simply hang on to all your receipts, send them into us at the end of the year and in return we will send you a cheque! day-to-day a This plan covers you for visits to medical practitioners such as G.Ps. and dentists. It will also cover you for visits to a wide range of other day-to-day practitioners. Annual Premium €122 (with any hospital plan) €143 (stand-alone) more info ¦ quick quote day-to-day 50 This plan has been designed to suit people who require more frequent visits to day-to-day medical practitioners and gives you up to 50% back on your costs. Annual Premium €185 (with any hospital plan) €217 (stand-alone) more info ¦ quick quote -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All prices quoted are net of tax relief at the standard rate include 10% group discount. Prices are correct at time of publication September 2006
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Thanks a mill, i actually meant a semi private room in public hosp, cos i know you arent guarenteed them. Thanks again for the info.