VLCD Diets

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MissusW Posts: 330
I know a lot of you dont agree with these kind of diets but Im looking for advice anyway.......... Do you know anyone who has done cambridge, lipotrim or similar, who has lost their weight and kept it off by following a balanced weight watchers kind of diet now? Thanks
Serendipity2009 Posts: 1224
Hi Missus There is a big thread here about lipotrim, hope it can help you to make some decisions and also to help you with your weight loss journey. If you want to do it the ordinary old fashioned eat less move more way, we have a thread going for the June bank holiday. Come and join us there for loads of helpful pointers. Either way, best of luck with whatever you choose to do Sorebunny xx
madhatter Posts: 212
I know a girl who did lipotrim and she started at 19stone 10 she finished at 10stone 3 and is still 10 stone 6. It took her a long time even with lipotrim and she did it in 2 stints. She looks amazing and has maintained her weight. Having said that she does watch what she eats now compared to before. Half way through she also joined the gym to deal with the loose skin and try and tone up. But let me tell you she did it and she looks amazing and that's 3 years ago
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
If you want to try any of the meal replacement diets I would recommend maybe trying Celebrity Slim. You replace 2 meals a day with a shake and then you can have a low carb dinner. You are allowed to have 2 or 3 snacks a day (list of snacks / treats is given in the book that comes with the pack). The starter pack is €42.99 and then €32.99 weekly after that. If you log onto; This is a website that has plenty of forums on different weight loss diets / aids etc... and is very informative.
Thanks for the replies. Madhatter...does your friend just follow a weight waters style diet now? i.e watching what she eats and has a treat at weekends? Rainbowbright...this diet is similar. Its cambridge so you do 3 shakes and a small meal in the evening so they probably much the same. The thing I like about the cambridge is that you can get a special porridge instead of a shake and you can get ready made cartons so no mixing!
MissusW- are you not on WW? Thought that you were back at WW and had a good loss your first week of 4.5lbs. How did your 2nd weigh in go? I came off CS about 9 days ago due to being sick but started straight back on it this morning. It's the best of the whole lot I think. CD is not nice as I did do it back in June 2008 and ended up at the doc. He thought that is was too much of a shock to the system and told me to come off it. I do know of people who have lost a tonne on it but I know that one of my friends was miserable on it. She basically became a recluse as she was not able to enjoy food in the same way as she had before. I personally don't drink but know that you can have a few glasses of wine / vodka and splash of cordial on CS. I know someone on CS who is going into her 4th week and she has lost 15lbs in the first 3 weeks. It is cheaper than any of the other replacement diets. If you can't stick to the 2/3 shakes a day maybe start off on 1 shake and 2 meals for the first week and then maybe work up to the 2 shakes on alternate days. Maybe this will be easier.
Yeah I was doing ww but I have decided to do this for a quick initial loss. Ive tried it before and I dont mind the taste of them. I like the idea of going to someone with cambridge and being weighed. I will come back to ww when I have lost a bit and have my weight stable. I did go to try the celeb slim but the girl in the chemist was most unhelpful so it just put me off. Well done for getting back on it straight away. CD worked for me before so I just need to stick at it now thats my problem. I wont fail this time.
Ah that's a pity about the girl in the chemist. The girl in McCabes where I get mine is lovely and she told me that her and another girl in the chemist did it for 4 weeks. She lost 2 stone and the other girl just over a stone. I am going to try this and sure if it works it works. I am fed up too as I eat no junk and watch every morsel that passes my lips yet I can't shift the weight. I walk everyday for at least an hour too. I do have an underactive thyroid which doesn't help either. Let us know how you get on and what you decided to do. I will keep you updated on how I get on. I am doing it 5 days out of the week and not at weekends as it's too much work with H2B. He hates fad diets and basically any diet no matter what it is. I don't want to lose my curves on this diet (mind you not that I will) he loves them.
Ha! Not a hope of me loosing my curves! Theres too many of them!! Yep Ill keep you posted. Ive told my hubby....not too happy but its my decision at the end of the day. He dosent mind that its a fad diet he just says I drive him mad because I cant make up my mind :o0
I have too many curves too :o0 :o0 H2B said that he could never go out with someone that was always counting their foods and saying that "oh I can't eat that I l've eaten my quota of lettuce today etc..". He does have me in stitches :o0 :o0 . He can eat what he wants and when he wants and never puts on a lb. He is a lucky duck. He told me that I should be more concerned about my health than what I weigh and while in the back of my mind I agree with him I would like to lose some weight. I can wear a Size 16 on the bottom but need an 18/20 on the top due to my ample bosoms (38H). Maybe it's a boob reduction that I need :o0 :o0