Volcanic Ash staying around for a while.........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
Theres talk that the volcanic ash may stay until late summer :eek :eek :eek :eek can you imagine the amount of disruptions it will cause (however i would rather have plans disrupted than experience engine failure mid air)
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
oh no, where did you hear that?
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
oh god that is terrible.that will cause havok for so many people :o(
trance Posts: 3129
Ah will ya g'way with your bad news, I have a flight next Thursday to UK, I seriously think I'm going to book the boat as a back up
JDD Posts: 1316
Jaysus lads I really hope this doesn't happen. I'm getting married in the UK in August and 90% of my family and friends will be travelling from Ireland. I really really don't want to think what could happen if they weren't able to come. :o(
zoesmama Posts: 2774
yes the Volcanic ash will be around for a while but whether or not you can fly on a given day is entirely dependent on the weather. so if the winds are blowing North or North West we here in Ireland are likely to be in trouble depending on the density of ash from the volcano however if the winds are blowing West, East, South, SouthWest or SouthEast then the ash will be nowhere near us. the BBC do a 5 day forecast which show predicted wind patterns. Met Eireann site is v good too and as long as you keep an eye on the weather you should be able to predict a few days in advance whether you are likely to travel or not. for those of you going to the UK maybe booking the ferry as a backup is not a bad idea - particularly if things look bad the week of the wedding JDD. as i posted on a different post we are going away in June transitting through Gatwick. am seriously thinking if things look bad at the start of the week we are going of booking the ferry from Dublin to Holyhead and driving to Gatwick as a back-up. for the 4 of us plus car on that date it is just €120 for the ferry.