Volkswagen Golf

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CAPTAINFANTASTIC Posts: 11
with the times that are in it ive decided to get rid of my car and trade down to a car with a smaller engine. Does anyone have a 1.4 golf? I like the look of them and dont need a 2l car anymore. Anyone have any good or bad reports about them?
Take 2! Posts: 403
i have a 1.4 golf and I LOVE IT!!!! my H2B loves driving it too, says it handles the road extremely well and so does my brother. have never had any trouble with it and feel very safe in it, esp with the weather like this!! i had a 206 before and you can really feel the difference
ItsMrsBurkenow Posts: 665
Hi I have a golf too and love it. Its so comfy inside and a dream to drive. With the weather like it has been i havent had any trouble drivin (or skidding) in it. They hold there value great. Anyone that i have heard who has a golf has never had any trouble with it. There is a new model out in the 09 also if you were splashing out :o0 Go for it :o)ll
whackywoman Posts: 1496
my husband has one and has had them for a few years. Great car and lovely car to drive would recommend them
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
I drive a 1.6 00 Seat Leon and it's a dream, I know it's not a Golf but they are built by Volkswagon
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
Skodas are also made by VW. Same engines, more extras, lower price tag.
Tibby Posts: 346
If your thinking of buying it new, just wait a few weeks as i've heard from a source that VW's are coming down in price by 4K accross the board. I drive the 1.4 tsi engine Golf and love it
Sweets08 Posts: 958
I've got a 1.4 golf, would highly recommend, its solid on the road and never have a bit of bother with it!
rockstar Posts: 1815
Golfs are SAVAGE >:o) :lvs :lvs :lvs
MeSB Posts: 3785