vomiting & high temperature

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*bubblez* Posts: 1599
Hi Just wondering if any of you have gotten sick while pregnant all day today I've had this feeling like I've a led weight in my tummy then got sick this afternoon I also have a really high temp and just keep vomiting I can't keep anything down not even water... Don't know what to do really... any advice? can this harm my baby?
NotHere Posts: 10273
Sorry don't have any experience on this. Can you ring your doc? Or are you in the VHI? You could call their nurseline? :action32 ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
yeah I have vhi might try that, I feel so awful and cant stop worrying about the baby haven't eaten a thing co I just keep puking...
Mrs Neadi* Posts: 1128
there is a nasty bug at the moment you could have it or you could have severe "morning" sickness? I would call your doctor if you haven't kept even water down today you dont' want to get dehydrated. Poor you :(
NotHere Posts: 10273
It might just be a bad bug, there's a lot of them at this time of year, but at least your mind will be at rest if you get to talk to someone. :xxx
thanks for the replies going to ring vhi now will let you know how I get on tomorrow thanks again :thnk
sinion Posts: 6050
ah hope you're ok pet :xxx
bibikay Posts: 644
Deffo ring the doctor Mrs Crazy Lady. Very high temp during early preg should always be dealt with, especially when accompanied by vomiting and pain. Let us know how you get on........
well called vhi last night she gave me the number for OLOL in drogheda told me to ask for the midwife which I did I was told she wouldn't speak to me unless I was bleeding or a private patient... Couldn't believe it... anyway at that stage it was near midnight so decided to just go to bed and see how I was today, so far temp is gone down and I've managed to eat two slices of toast and some water so feeling marginally better.. thanks for all the replies :thnk
Ducky Posts: 2506
I had that bug at Xmas and rang doc. He said to keep sipping water/flat 7up, even if it came back up and watch temp. You can also take Dioralyte for rehydration when preg he said. Don 't eat if sick, baby will be fine. Mine just went quiet for a few days, that's all. My temp came down after a day but was sick for two days. No harm to baby, in fact it turned my breech baby the right way!