Vote here for moderators or not! - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Vic Titious Posts: 518
[quote:1wyhhdxc]That said,I've been on askaboutmoney and find it really restricted.The mods are really strict and dont seem to let any thread develop too much.I made a couple of mistakes too on it,breaking the rules and I got well and truly told off in a very cold manner.It put me off posting.[/quote:1wyhhdxc] You obviously broke their posting rules! The point of moderators.. :wink:
AVENGER Posts: 4595
Mods are definitely necessary - the last week has proven that. Some of the comments made by one particular Troll have been down right offensive and only go to prove that this person or persons have been around for a long time.
Frankie Posts: 1571
BUMP :D
Mistified Posts: 2680
I agree with La Novia. AAM can be painful to read sometimes because they are far too strict, they come in and lock people's threads because they say the issue has already been discussed etc. It's just not a friendly place and I am always terrfied to post there for fear of their wrath. There are some very arrogant people on there who are too quick to give out to you, which is worse than the f*ckwits on here to be honest. I think there has to be a happy medium that moderators don't trun the place into a high security prison type place, like AAM.
Frankie Posts: 1571
Fair Play Vic-titious, I agree completely.
notlongnow Posts: 474
most definately think we need moderators fine if people want to post crazy threads, but personal insults or throwing info back in the face of honest users here that have shared about themselves is unacceptable in my opinion.
Chicken Licken Posts: 873
A moderator is definitely needed on this site. It is very easy to hide behind a pseudonym and say things you might not say if it was your name and address printed. I am in no way against people expressing their views openly and objectively but bad manners are intolerable. :x
notlongnow Posts: 474
bump :)
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
I think there should be some sort of moderators here as lately some posters have used vile language and that has no place here. Now we dont want to go too far and end up with people afraid to post but there should be someone who steps in if it looks like things are getting out of hand and issue warnings (ie yellow and red card) that if a particular poster keeps posting in that way they will be warned that if their behavious continues they will be banned
AVENGER Posts: 4595
A few sites have warnings that are attached by the mods under a persons avatar. Posters can report malicious comments and the first warning if the complaint is proved to be justified is a bar that reads "oxygen thief". This serves to highlight a posters bad or "trollish" behaviour instantly. Bans also run from a day, three days, week, month etc for breaking the rules.