Vote here for moderators or not! - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AVENGER Posts: 4595
Bump
Mrs Peg Bundy Posts: 2515
Haven't read all this thread yet. I've only been popping in and out. I thought the forum had gone very nice lately. What's been going on? I probably don't have time to read whatever it is. Anyone got a summary? :lol:
Astra Posts: 1409
I posted this in another thread but it belongs here too.... I do think that mods are needed here but this would have to be treated very carefully. The most important thing for me would be that the mods do not have access to users personal information such as name and email address. Only Fiona should hold this information. Secondly, I'd hate to see the site being heavily regulated like askaboutmoney etc. There has to be a happy medium. For instance, I don't think there's any reason to ban someone for using bad language but if it becomes excessive then they should be put on a warning. Bullies and Trolls should be banned immediately without warning. For the latter I would suggest Fiona sets up a "name & shame" topic like her earlier post today to "out" them.
wowee Posts: 1596
I totally agree that Moderators are needed at this stage. I think it's also worth bearing in mind that at certain times of year, you may get an influx of fake "newbies" eg.. school/ college holidays, so having some sort of moderating facility might come into it's own then. I do think its sad that people log onto a wedding site to cause trouble but no matter what kind of a site / forum you choose to use there will always be a certain amount of undesirables, and if there are no controls in place to prevent certain kinds of behaviour, unfortunately they will cause all kinds of disruption. So my vote is definitely for a moderator!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
[quote:17n1wleb] probably don't have time to read whatever it is. Anyone got a summary? [/quote:17n1wleb] Hey Peg, a few newbie Trolls logged on yesterday, started posting really offensive, odd things. Genreally just taking the piss, butbeing very hurtful to some people (called Brickingbride a freak cause she has some weight to lose). Anyway, everyone assumed it was Spud-allo-barbie and loads of us mailed Fiona to complain, because we'd have enough. Fiona posted a list of user-names that had been posting from the same IP address - implying they were all the same person (spud-allo-barbie was there). But there was some confusion, re the reliabiilty of IP addresses to identify people and Fiona removed the post. Thats about it really, except sud-allo-barbies has confirmed she is all those posters and apologised and promised to be nice
Mrs Peg Bundy Posts: 2515
Thanks KKranberry. It must be the heat that does it to people.....makes them want to be Jekyll and Hyde and all their cousins rolled into one.
MRS H TO BE Posts: 1410
I think we needs mods around here. It would save an awful lot of hassle when trolls post.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
[quote:xvf7f8ea]Thanks KKranberry. It must be the heat that does it to people.....makes them want to be Jekyll and Hyde and all their cousins rolled into one. [/quote:xvf7f8ea] :lol: :lol:
BlushingB Posts: 1634
We need mods. I use a lot and they have a good enough system there. Any posts that are pushing the limits get warned off (publically in the channel). If the person reoffends they get banned. Any blatent breaking of the rules results in an instant ban. We're grown adults, (mostly) and come here for a mature discussion and a bit of fun. If I wanted to wade through shit all day I'd work in the sewers!
AVENGER Posts: 4595
The system on is good. Most forums have more than one mod as well so no one can be accused of favouritism or lack there of.