Vote here for moderators or not! - Page 6

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Frankie Posts: 1571
Did I actually post on that thread? Just took a quick look at it there and a search and I don't think i did! See the thing is I'm around a good bit more at the moment because I'm off sick but normally I might post once or twice a day.......
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote:35jpnjb3]Did I actually post on that thread? Just took a quick look at it there and a search and I don't think i did! See the thing is I'm around a good bit more at the moment because I'm off sick but normally I might post once or twice a day.......[/quote:35jpnjb3] I dont think you did...it's a long thread though... So are we all rowing in behind Madsers???
Well I think we need SOMETHING because it's just getting crazy and not getting any better. Mods are a fix but unless there are clear guidelines and an agreement with all the posters it isn't going to work. Heflen, I know you're not a fan of mods at all but what do you think?
[quote:3fyrnms1]Well I think we need SOMETHING because it's just getting crazy and not getting any better. Mods are a fix but unless there are clear guidelines and an agreement with all the posters it isn't going to work. Heflen, I know you're not a fan of mods at all but what do you think?[/quote:3fyrnms1] I think theyre needed. However, there should be clear & consistent guidelines & procedures - Three strikes and youre out etc... Over on IWOL a couple of months ago, a Mod posted the name & work email address of a poster in a thread...we couldnt be having that (as they say in Father Ted...)
Janey yeah, none of that sort of thing! ;) I've mailed fiona about this until I'm blue in the face, and I think she could be watching these threads so hopefully it will sink in. Also, I don't think 1 or 2 mods is a solution - we need at least 7 or 8 to be honest, if not more.
Yeah, ideally you have one Mod per Discussion forum
I actually think you need 2 - so there is no "mod-superiority complex" if you get my drift?
[quote:3qxhvayw]I actually think you need 2 - so there is no "mod-superiority complex" if you get my drift?[/quote:3qxhvayw] Nein alberne Frau [img:3qxhvayw]http://www.friedmanarchives.com/Too%20Unusual%20to%20Sell/images/Hitler%20Only%208x12%20300%20dpi.jpg[/img:3qxhvayw]
mad woman Posts: 22106
jaysus, thats awful about IWOL, your funny heflen you make me laugh.
Mrs Peg Bundy Posts: 2515
I don't agree with naming and shaming to that level. Publishing people's personal details is a bit much, no matter what they've done. I don't think things should be "over" moderated either. There are a lot of people here who just post for the sake of winding each other up. So long as it doesn't get personal it doesn't bother me. There was an extemely bad atmostphere on the forums for a long long time, and I'm sure most of the regulars will agree that it's gone. The mass exodus did no harm.