Vote here for moderators or not! - Page 7

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

clucky Posts: 26471
[quote:1ntju0oz]There was an extemely bad atmostphere on the forums for a long long time, and I'm sure most of the regulars will agree that it's gone. The mass exodus did no harm.[/quote:1ntju0oz] agreed
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote:2xhdnwgh] The mass exodus did no harm.[/quote:2xhdnwgh] I wouldnt agree. I think a lot of those who left had a lot to offer and were very witty. If you were to get a breakdown of posts at the moment, a lot of posts consist of what I would consider, innane childish questions that have been asked & answered hundreds of times already. Someone replies, original poster thanks them, answerer tells them they're welcome and this continues on a loop
mad woman Posts: 22106
i would agree and disagree, I feel a lot more comfortable posting the past while than I ever did, I used to find some of the older posters very vicious sometimes, yes they could be funny aswell, but would rather the way the boards are now..
very few of them were funny in all fairness there was always a nasty undercurrent to some of their ''wittiness'' - and an element of being 'better' than the rest of us - in reality they were up their own backsides (and excuse me if wittiness isnt a word i am hungry and narky)
[quote:2b97iast]very few of them were funny in all fairness there was always a nasty undercurrent to some of their ''wittiness'' - and an element of being 'better' than the rest of us - in reality they were up their own backsides (and excuse me if wittiness isnt a word i am hungry and narky)[/quote:2b97iast] I never noticed any nastiness tbh.
prob cause it was rarely if never directed at you
I've earned my stripes in 'The nasty trenches'
[quote:3j5ml8v4]prob cause it was rarely if never directed at you[/quote:3j5ml8v4] would have to agree with you there lucky, I remember getting quite a lot of nastyness being directed towards me by a certain few posters who are no longer here, but shall remain nameless. but Im v sure you will know who I am talking about Heflen.
no you are never nasty - just honest - sometimes brutally so
very brutal. but Im sure you know that yourself.