Wages

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Saucy Posts: 65
If your basic is 2500 a month, how much do you get after tax? I am clueless.
Miah Posts: 2738
Around €2000-€2100 I think
Thank you, now can anyone advise me on this If a husband earns 45k and a wife 32K what should they do tax wise? Again, I don't have a clue.
sunflowers26/09/07 Posts: 512
Hi I worked it out using basic cut and credits. Monthly it works out to be 2165.32. HTH
Thank you Sunflowers. Does anyone know about the tax credits though when you get married? We need to know what to do.
Soya Posts: 43
Hi Sausageroll, I would advise that you change to being jointly assessed. If you are on 32k per annum then you have some tax credits you are not using (as you can earn up to 34k at the lower rate of tax). These can be passed onto your husband so his tax liability will be reduced. Hop this helps. Soya!
sunflowers26/09/07 Posts: 512
Like Soya said, I would be jointly assessed, that way you could give some of your cut of point to your hubby, which would reduce the amount of tax he pays. However for more information you should look up www.revenue.ie, go to Information for PAYE and then guides to tax credits. HTH
Soya Posts: 43
Try this link also - it's really good at giving the exact details.... http://www.esatclear.ie/~grabe/TaxCalc/TaxCalc.html