WAGS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

escape Posts: 72
I work with a girl who is married to a county gaelic footballer and she really views herself as a proper WAG. It's kind of funny :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 but she goes on and on and on and on..... What is the big deal about these guys?
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
They are heroes in lots of (prob most) counties. And usually very dedicated. But that's the first time I've heard of a GAA WAG :o0 She must have real notions about herself! Or maybe she's insecure about herself so hangs onto his coat tails??
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
[quote="nickname":7npm6ghh]a GAA WAG :o0 She must have real notions about herself! [/quote:7npm6ghh] +1 that's ridiculous amateur game, strictly domestic sad behaviour.... the highest respect for the footballers, it's a dedicated person to follow that path... but "yer wan".. ah come on?! O:o)
whoop Posts: 1310
Ah let ur off I'd say she has little else to occupy her if she thinks she's a WAG!
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
[quote="PinkRibbons":2ehyvy08][quote="nickname":2ehyvy08]a GAA WAG :o0 She must have real notions about herself! [/quote:2ehyvy08] +1 that's ridiculous amateur game, strictly domestic sad behaviour.... the highest respect for the footballers, it's a dedicated person to follow that path... but "yer wan".. ah come on?! O:o)[/quote:2ehyvy08] +2 so silly where do they get these silly notions. :duh: my H2b plays astro turf football on monday evenings - can i be a wag too :o0
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
did you ever see the kilkenny hurling wags? some of them definitely have notions!!!!! my h2b plays club hurling-im a wag so!!!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Jeez girls ye are all being a bit bitchy about some girl ye know nothing about. Drawing a lot of conclusions from the OP based on very little information. Why do you think she's a "WAG"??
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
[quote="Columbo30":3oab2wdx]Jeez girls ye are all being a bit bitchy about some girl ye know nothing about. Drawing a lot of conclusions from the OP based on very little information. Why do you think she's a "WAG"??[/quote:3oab2wdx] ah come on Columbo, no names are mentioned, we're just being a bit sceptical about perhaps behaviour of a person who might think that they are a bit special and glorified by virtue of their connection to an intercounty footballer. Of course not every girlfriend/wife of a footballer has notions about herself, but it is funny when you meet a girl who seems to think that there should be some sort of special treatment for her by virtue of her relationship, which, in my opinion is ridiculous.... this is a general statement, not a bitchy comment about some girl I know nothing about...
soulful Posts: 1697
Fair play to her I say, if she's happy and not hurting you or anyone else then why should you waste your time being bothered by it?????? :eek
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="PinkRibbons":2wcd78m4][quote="Columbo30":2wcd78m4]Jeez girls ye are all being a bit bitchy about some girl ye know nothing about. Drawing a lot of conclusions from the OP based on very little information. Why do you think she's a "WAG"??[/quote:2wcd78m4] ah come on Columbo, no names are mentioned, we're just being a bit sceptical about perhaps behaviour of a person who might think that they are a bit special and glorified by virtue of their connection to an intercounty footballer. Of course not every girlfriend/wife of a footballer has notions about herself, but it is funny when you meet a girl who seems to think that there should be some sort of special treatment for her by virtue of her relationship, which, in my opinion is ridiculous.... this is a general statement, not a bitchy comment about some girl I know nothing about...[/quote:2wcd78m4] You're being sceptical about the person in the OP- who I guess is a real person. Just think its a bit odd that everyone jumped on the band wagon supporting the rigianl poster when they dont even know the person she is giving out about. It just such a random generalisation and I'm sure that there could be plenty of these "WAG's" online here who might see this as bitchy.