waiting on a cheque

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybean Posts: 10364
for a substanial amount of money. i rang about it last week they rang me back and said that due to a computer error it hadnt gone out two weeks previously when it should have and i would have it tuesday of this week. nope didnt arrive. i contacted them yesterday and they said it went out on friday. didnt come in toays post either. what should i do?
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
If they are near by tell them to cancel the cheque they put in the post and send a courier for it. FECKERS!
mad woman Posts: 22106
ring them and run amuck.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Yeah tell them to cancel the cheque, and get cheque issue to issue another one, and that you can have it collected. Also thell them you have been on to AN Post and there are no delays with the post. Jen2
she was so rude to me on the phone. i have to sign a form to say i didnt reciever it and wait for a ew one to be re issued O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
errrr no you dont.. she can see if the chq has been cashed and if it hasnt she can stop it abd write you a new cheque now and you can get it collected NOW... dont take any bullshit chicken..its YOUR money...you go get it!!
people just bug me. i just noticed you have changed to wife!! very good
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="rock-n-roll-wife":2odrephy][b:2odrephy]errrr no you dont.. she can see if the chq has been cashed and if it hasnt she can stop it abd write you a new cheque now and you can get it collected NOW...[/b:2odrephy] dont take any bullshit chicken..its YOUR money...you go get it!![/quote:2odrephy] rock-n-roll-wife is right. She can check if the cheque has been lodged and it only takes a couple of minutes to ring and cancel it and write you a new cheque. Dont take cr*p from her. Its your money.
apparently a cheque request has to go to accounts etc. i know in the hotel i was working in it was the very same , wehad to send a cheue request to head ffice who postedus back a cheque which we then posted out.. im so pissed of at this stage its going to be bordering on a moth late and i had a heap of bills i was going to ay with it that i have now had to pay out of savings and credit cards. all with great intentions of putting it back, but ye know yourselves what thats like
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
fk it tell them its not your fault it hasnt come and you need the cheque or speak to the manager