Walking down the aisle signal

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

La Dolce Vita Posts: 522
Just wondering what is the smoothest way to signal to the musicians that the bms / bride is ready to walk down the aisle?? Our church is huge. We have a gospel choir who will be at the top of the chuch on the side aisle. What have other wollies done? Would some kind of text work do you think?
Bright Star Posts: 756
Its generally the Photographer that gives the signal that you are ready..ours said this is normally the case. But in the end she didnt need to cos once the priest came on to the alter the choir started singing :wv
lotus s Posts: 184
Think the last wedding I was at, a family member was on hand to help bride get organised outside, then can in and signalled the choir to get ready. Once the choir see the doors open or see a hint of a bride they got going.
Insert-Name-Here Posts: 762
Don't worry, either the photographer will signal or they will actually know anyways as everyone will start turning around to have a peek
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I think the photographer does it. He told us that he does photos of everyone inside the church at the end and will signal to the organist when we are ready to walk down the aisle at the end.
BiaBlasta Posts: 1002
My photographer did it!
barbaraann Posts: 1500
99% of the time the photographer does it. Sometimes the Priest will go down and stand in front of the altar and will signal the musicians/choir to begin. Don't worry there are plenty of people in the chapel to take care of that part for you. :wv