wanna book a city break.. Any recommendations?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

streaks Posts: 3592
Well girls the wedding is over and I kinda need something to plan and look forward to so we're thinking of having a European city break in October! Not really sure where we wanna go or where is good to stay so I'd be delighted if you wollies would share your experiences of ye're city breaks, where ye stayed and if he liked it!! Thanks all O-O
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I loved Barcelona when we went for a city break- just brilliant.
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
Florence, and tuscany Italy. Just for the food alone.....
Elban26 Posts: 2458
We went to Prague a few years ago, I really enjoyed it and would definitely go again :wv
mummyinlove10 Posts: 908
florence would be my top choice so romantic lovely restaurants and amazing sites - rome is beautiful too if its nearer to home then edinburgh or london are both great :wv
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Vienna! It's THEEE most romantic city :lvs , the Palace, the Opera, the Caf├ęs, it's so cultural, so clean, no crime, no fast food joints on every corner, just a beautiful city overall. Prague is stunning as well and especially if you are into sight seeing. Ideal time of year for either city as weather is cooler and not so many tourists.
stick Posts: 1229
Nice in France is lovely too
ott Posts: 3920
Paris always works for me. Barcelona is fantastic too!
Wenty Posts: 238
Bruges!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! Quite easy to get there - fly to Brussels and then get a train direct from Brussels to Bruges and it's about 45 mins on the train... Gorgeous, romantic, bars, sightseeing and enough to do for 3 days....and the hotels are pretty reasonable...It's a heritage town so there's no modern buildings - even the McD's (only one fast food outlet) is in an old shop - you'd walk past it...Famous for it's beer and it's chocolate shops (there's over 100 in a small town!!!)...
stickwoman Posts: 2394
Krakow is lovely. London, Paris... Vienna.