want a really nice red wine?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Girls, Having a few friends round for a chat and a good bottle of wine tonight. Can anyone recommend one? Also, want to have some little snacks, any recommendations? Thanks a mill xxx
janine10 Posts: 259
thats so funny, our next door neighbour did u a favour and we knows he drinks red wine thing is i havent a clue what to get as im not a wine drinker, any suggestions ladies?x :duh:
Grey Alien Posts: 699
I love red wine myself and veer towards medium bodied fruity reds. I like to switch wines quite often so rarely remember the names. Having said that there are two wines I buy in Dunnes which always work well on any occasion: [b:2mogqin9]Cono Sur Cabernet Sauvignon [/b:2mogqin9](picture of a bicycle on the label) and my current fave which always seems to fly off the shelves is called [b:2mogqin9]Zona [/b:2mogqin9](only in Dunnes as far as I know)- I think that's also a Cabernet Sauvignon. Hope this helps!
Grey Alien Posts: 699
[quote="janine10":307vgnsi]thats so funny, our next door neighbour did u a favour and we knows he drinks red wine thing is i havent a clue what to get as im not a wine drinker, any suggestions ladies?x :duh:[/quote:307vgnsi] You can't go wrong with a Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon or a Chianti mmmm
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Here are a few of our favourites: Lindemans Cawarra Yellow Tail Shiraz McGuigans Black Label Shiraz or Merlot Hardys Crest Wyndham Estate Bin 555 Shiraz
janine10 Posts: 259
[quote="Grey Alien":39zppkv6][quote="janine10":39zppkv6]thats so funny, our next door neighbour did u a favour and we knows he drinks red wine thing is i havent a clue what to get as im not a wine drinker, any suggestions ladies?x :duh:[/quote:39zppkv6] You can't go wrong with a Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon or a Chianti mmmm[/quote:39zppkv6] ill have to write that down i dont think i could say it, ive only ever tried a rosie of some sort it was nice but i have roaceca and i looked like a tomato after i had it lol.x :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
ciaraella Posts: 5323
[quote="StupidSexyFlanders":2mbisshv]Here are a few of our favourites: Wyndham Estate Bin 555 Shiraz[/quote:2mbisshv] I looove this wine, and it's strong!! :hic From the wines you've said SSF it looks like we have similar taste, if you're looking for a nice bottle for a special occasion try mad fish shiraz, it's 18.50 a bottle but i got it at my birthday and it's gooooorgeous! OP if you want to get a few bottles the cimarosa shiraz from lidl is really nice and only 4.99 a bottle! or lost sheep in marks is gorgeous and 8 euro. if you want to spend a bit more then try the rosemount shiraz and wolfblass yellow label shiraz, they're lovely and around 11/12 euro
no2herewego Posts: 802
If you are near a SuperValu Nugan Estate Shiraz is a fab red.
Muse Posts: 1580
I love Blossom Hill red. It's so light, fruity and easy to drink. Paulita red wine is lovely too as is Wolf Blass.