Menu

want to gain a few pounds healthily.............

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

preghopes Posts: 468
Hi I have lost weight recently due to one thing and another (stress!) I am wearing a strapless dress. I would like to gain a few pounds as I am conscious that I look too skinny and people have remarked that I have lost weight. Have you any ideas how to gain a little weight to fill me out a little ,only a few pounds. I know what will put on weight cakes, bars etc.... but my skin is playing up with spots so dont want these to increase if I start eating aload of crap Please give me some advice on this....
teapotty Posts: 2085
I'm no expert but I've heard of people drinking those sports drinks for weight gain- the ones usually for people training to gain muscle (weight lifting). You mix powder with milk- they're mainly protein and if you also use full fat milk I'm sure they'd pack in a fair few calories and it'd have to be better than eating crisps etc- that just doesn't seem right. Other than that I suppose you could try to increase your portions of fairly healthy but calorie rich stuff like mashed potatoes, meat etc.
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Protein and carbs are your friend if you want to gain some weight. The key to losing and gaining weight is still exercise too. You can do exercises to tone up arms and problem areas. You should be happy and proud with your size though, be it big or small. You'll look glowing and beautiful as long as you are happy.
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Cheese!!!??? My favourite and its definitely not junk food :hyper:
preghopes Posts: 468
Im usually half a stone heavier I know I would feel better with a few extra pounds on as this is what i have always been but with a few issues I had no appetite and couldnt face eating therefore lost weight.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I'd say a healthy muesli and some bananas could help, and maybe full fat milk, still all quite healthy food. Avocados and hummus all contain good fats too and nuts too (not salted!) Maybe try one of those nut and dried fruit mixes.