wanted-size 18 maternity dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

primrose Posts: 291
ladies ive a black tie wedding in few weeks. ill be 26 weeks pregnant. i have not seen nything at all that would be suitble to wear....no shop seems to cater for 'very dressy' clothes i want something full length ive posted this in the buy and sell section og this site too does anyone have any ideas, or mybe something for sale please help!!
bride0807 Posts: 203
hi primrose i got a dress for wedding in Bella Mama in Rathgar, Im a size 16/18 and they had a good selection in larger sizes for dressy occassions :wv
Martiespride Posts: 997
try ebay http://shop.ebay.ie/?_from=R40&_trksid= ... nity+dress there are a few available there, besto of luck!
SuzyC Posts: 335
next.ie have a lovely purple dressy dress in the maternity section... good luck
primrose Posts: 291
thanks girls the 'next' ones are way too casual for a black tie wedding....some nice ones on ebay. live down country so would not get up to rathgar. thanks again
mammy08 Posts: 7
I had 2 weddings to go to last year when I was 29 and 33 weeks pregnant. I bought a dress from littlewoods catelogue in a bigger size. Pregnancy i was size 18/20 i bought 22/24. Took it to the dress maker to get taken up at the top. It also had matching shrug. Found it very comfortable. Hope this helps.
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
[quote="mammy08":18medrur]I had 2 weddings to go to last year when I was 29 and 33 weeks pregnant. I bought a dress from littlewoods catelogue in a bigger size. Pregnancy i was size 18/20 i bought 22/24. Took it to the dress maker to get taken up at the top. It also had matching shrug. Found it very comfortable. Hope this helps.[/quote:18medrur] that's a great idea, so you can get a nice dress rather than a dowdy maternity dress. There's no decent maternity wear out there at all, and if there is you pay an absolute fortune for it! I've a wedding at 36 weeks - I'll keep this in mind! Although at that stage nothing will fit me!