*WANTED* Wedding dress *WANTED*

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mfanning.x Posts: 9
Do you have a beautiful dress at home that you would consider selling? I'm getting married in June and need a dress! I'm a size 16 and not too tall. I will travel for the right dress and am happy to get it altered if necessary. I think I like a grecian style but I'm open to all suggestions! Please, please pm me if you think your dress deserves a second (or third!) Day in the spotlight. Thank you. M
MissyM67 Posts: 337
Hi, have you looked on Adverts.ie? There's always loads on there...
maimai Posts: 4
Hi, I dont know where you are based but there is a shop in Wexford Town called Afford your wedding.... look them up on facebook. They are doing my photography but aside to the photography they have a shop that sells everything for weddings... so they have wedding dresses, church decorations, mother of the bride outfits, veils, shoes etc... everything wedding related. Everything is labeled as "Pre Loved" but sometimes they are things that havent even been worn! Brides bring them after their wedding to sell them for them. I was down in the shop only last week talking about the photography and the dresses were FAB!! They have a seperate section upstairs even and everything is under €300. Definitely well worth a look. All in Fab condition and all different sizes. Hope you get sorted.
Hello Missy, yes I am flat out on DoneDeal and adverts and sellmyweddingdress.ie but nothings really grabbing me. I think I have my heart set on a pronovias abaco or a Gemy Maalouf "Sandra" . Thanks though.
Hi Maimai, thanks so much for your advice. Looks like a trip to Welford is on the cards! Thank you.
missmaw Posts: 59
[quote="mfanning":3gc68blr]Do you have a beautiful dress at home that you would consider selling? I'm getting married in June and need a dress! I'm a size 16 and not too tall. I will travel for the right dress and am happy to get it altered if necessary. I think I like a grecian style but I'm open to all suggestions! Please, please pm me if you think your dress deserves a second (or third!) Day in the spotlight. Thank you. M[/quote:3gc68blr] Hi mfanning I got my dress in Receptions Preloved dresses in Clonmel. They do preloved and sample dresses. Very good value and in excellent condition. They add dresses often to their Facebook page. Might be worth having a look. Best of luck with the dress hunting
Thanks Midsmaw. I had an appt there two weeks ago but they had to cancel so will try to get down there soon. Thank you. M
Thanks Midsmaw. I had an appt there two weeks ago but they had to cancel so will try to get down there soon. Thank you. M
busybride2016 Posts: 6
Look in Barnardos bridal shop one in dunlaoghaire and not sure where the other is, sizes up to 18 I think! They are lovely in there prices start at €250 for a designer dress!! You could be getting at least a third off the price and you are donating money to a good cause. Designers donate the wedding dresses to the shop so they aren't second hand dresses (nothing wrong with that either)
Peaches78 Posts: 768
Hiya, I am selling my Suzanne Neville Empress Dress in size 14 if you'd like to look at it. for-sale-size-12-14-ivory-suzanne-neville-empress-900-ono-t410768.html That's the link to the post above. It's very slimming on. And there have been straps added to it so can be worn as either. I had initially thought that I would have loved a Grecian style dress but soon found out that they did nothing for me what so ever only make me look preggers!!! Anyways, pm me if you'd like anymore detail.