Menu

Wants bottle milk before breakfast ???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snugglebuggle Posts: 1084
Hi girls Have a little problem our DD always looks for her bootle of milk in the morning straight away she prefers it to breakfast,I have tried so many times giving her her cereal but after a few spoons she looks for her bottle its so frustrating as I feel she is not getting any breakfast into her then as she won't eat anything after her bottle either ????any ideas be great thanks She will pick at lunch and dinner depending really some days she eats both others one or the other O:|
mayhem Posts: 381
Hi Snugglebuggle, our DS gets a beaker of milk each morning as soon as he gets up - he loves his beaker! Thats around 7am and he gets a slice of toast then too which he picks at over a period of time - he may or may not finish it but I dont mind. Then at around 9am he gets a big bowl of porridge which he will always finish. Have you tried leaving it an hour of so after the milk before giving the cereal? My DS too will somedays eat his dinner / tea and some days he wont again I when he doesnt it usually lasts for a week and then he goes back to eatting it again, so I put it down to teeth as he is getting his last 4 big back teeth at the moment. Sorry I cant be of more help other than to suggest maybe giving your LO and hour or so between the bottle and cereal.
jarashow Posts: 3083
Ditto Mayhem... we have to leave at least an hour after the bottle before there is any hopes of her eating brekkie.
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi My DS won't eat first thing in the morning either. To be honest it kind of suits me at that hour as it takes ages to get food into him at mealtimes! He has his bottle when he gets up at 7am, I put him back to bed at 9am and he gets a big bowl of oatibix at 10/10.30am He usually only nibbles on his lunch, probably because of a late breakfast but eats his dinner etc fine later that day
Uno what girls maybe ye are right I'm going to try this now in the morning I know my PHN said try not to give them the bottle milk first but what does it matter if she drinks her bottle and then eats all her breakfast I won't care :)thanks will let yee know tomorrow fingers xxx :wv
mammybean Posts: 10364
this post has been so helpful to me, jamie will barely eat any breakfast for me anymore. he used to eat all his meals. was never a huge eater but ate what he needed iykwim. now he barely eats breafast picks at lunch a nd turns his mose up at dinner completely. i feel like i am in a catch 22 i am giving him more milk to compensate but then he would be too full? then last week i seen the tips of 3 of the four back teeth, the fourth could be there but couldnt se up into the area. just this week he is starting to come around again. he ate a half slice of bread and butter this moring a sausage at lunch and a half bowl of porridge at dinner time. (i know porridge for dinner seems silly but he is eating so little i will give him what i think he might eat) i know this doesnt sound like much but its a huge improvement. Also he will not eat breakast til 9-10 o clock
Service Finder
dovedro Posts: 1295
I would take what the PHN says with a pinch of salt and do what works for you. PHN gave me a bit of a lecture because DS is still on bottles and on formula but I can't get him off either so I'm just going to continue doing what works for us instead of rocking the boat and upsetting him when he's not ready to change. Stick with your own routine even if it's not the norm, all babies are different and have different needs
mammybean Posts: 10364
ds is still on bottles and will be 2 in november. im trying to cut out the daytimes ones as its just comfort. he just runs round with it hanging out of his mouth and im afraid what its going to do to his teeth. i think you always know whats best for your child
Hi girls Just letting u know that I tried this for this mornings breakfast I gave DD her bottle milk first and then 1hr later gave her cornflakes and she ate them picked at them but still had some I did sneak in a few spoons aswell :)so thanks will try keeping this up now and see how it goes :o)ll
mayhem Posts: 381
glad you had some success snugglebuggle :o)ll