Menu

Was anyone else very broody shortly after birth?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifetobe Posts: 1438
I never thought I would feel like this but honestly, for the last couple of weeks I keep thinking how lucky I (hopefully) will be to get to experience pregnancy and birth all over again...don't get me wrong, I want to enjoy Grace so much and Im so delighted she's here, but I just feel like I willl be so excited to get going again-I must be mad. I had a trouble free pregnancy, generally enjoyed it apart from the last few weeks when the pressure kicked in and I was very uncommfortable. The birth, despite my epidural not working properly, was fine, and the look on my DH's face after he seen his baby was :ooh :lvs :xox Also, maybe it's because Grace is such a good baby that I think I could do this so easily again :o0 My Mam said I didnt sleep til I was 2 so maybe if she was like that I wouldnt be in as much of a hurry! So really just wondering if anyone felt like this and maybe how long they actually waited to ttc no 2...they say to give your body 6 months to get back to normal. DH and I have discussed trying before Christmas...am I off my rocker??? xxx
chicam Posts: 1169
Each to their own, so don't let anyone tell you you're off your rocker!!! I wouldn't say I was broody after the birth no, but then I had the worst pregnancy and an even worse birth plus PND for a while so I am definitely not in a rush to do it again. HOWEVER, in saying that, when I think about having a 2nd and how happy DS has made us I do get quite excited and lose all reason and think "why not?" but then I remember how awful it was and come back down to earth. But I would say that if it had all gone well for me I would definitely be a candidate for going again 6 months later cos DS is just so brilliant :o)ll . So fair play to you, I am so glad it all went well for you and you're having a good time with your DD and hope the next time goes as well! O-O
wifee07 Posts: 353
Hi there! I had originally planned on going fairly soon after first baby was born, but had a hard pregnancy and then after baby was born I just didn't want to have to share my time for him with another baby? If that makes sense? Getting very broody now, but have to wait until christmas at earliest, and then we'll hopefully start ttc!! If you feel ready for another pregnancy fire ahead!! I look at our little fella sometimes and think it would be lovely for him to have a little brother or sister to play with!! Hopefully our little fella will be about 2 if we're lucky to get pregnant at christmas, fingers crossed!
Mrs Electric Posts: 1939
I love hearing that, fair play to you, DS is 6 months and im not broody yet, i hope to go again when he is 2 or there abouts . I had trouble near end of preg, a 21 hour labour then a section and a very unsettled baby at moment with teeth so maybe that doesnt help :o0 but hope someday i get that broody feeling again.
maisedon Posts: 1394
I know EXACTLY how you feel wifetobe!!! I felt broody straight away after having DD and still do!!! So much so, that DH and I are taking a "lets see what happens" approach to ttc at the moment. Having the time and the energy to dtd is a different story though!! :o0
hipbaby Posts: 4530
I wasn't like this after dd1 but when she was around 8mths we decided to see what happens and i fell pg straight away. Then after dd2 was born i became obsessed and i mean obsessed with another, it was literally all i could think about for weeks on end and the fact that dh was saying he was happy to stick with 2 made me worse :-8 Anyway we had a chat and decided to wait a while to ttc as circumstances weren't right for us then but at least the fact he kind of agreed to it meant there was still a chance!!
John Walsh Guitar
justwaitin Posts: 2462
wtb i posted a similar thread earlier, its such a weird feeling to what another lo when i have two beauties already. i dont miss being pg im not sure what it is. dp has said lets just concentrate on what we have and planning our wedding.
Lady Mama Posts: 162
I felt soo broody too after ds was born but, my af was late when he was aroiund the 8wk mark and I was so scared at the idea of having another so soon. I had a very easy pregnancy, toughish birth but didn't put me off, it was just the guilt I felt for ds when I thought of having another so soon. I cant wait to have another baby but want to wait a while to enjoy ds and tbh also to enjoy not being pregnant. Everyone's different though!
Lady Mama Posts: 162
I felt soo broody too after ds was born but, my af was late when he was aroiund the 8wk mark and I was so scared at the idea of having another so soon. I had a very easy pregnancy, toughish birth but didn't put me off, it was just the guilt I felt for ds when I thought of having another so soon. I cant wait to have another baby but want to wait another while to enjoy ds and tbh also to enjoy not being pregnant. We're planning to ttc early next year. :o)ll Everyone's different though!
wifetobe Posts: 1438
Thanks everyone for the replies. Lady mama your reply really put it in perspective for me, I better be careful I don't get caught before Christmas!! I do need a bit of a break! And to those who say fair play to me, thanks for the vote of confidence that Im not mad! Maisedon fair play to you-only thing stopping me going as soon as you is that I know my MIL would freak out. My own Mum even would think it was a bit soon for me given the moaning I did at the end of last pg when it felt like Grace was gonna drop out :o0 I'm kinda thinking I don't want to go back on the pill, let me get a grip on my af cycle again....oh the joys of ttc again! I was lucky last time, I think it was second or third go, but I do secretely worry I wont be as lucky next time xxx