Was anyone's partner drunk when she went into Labour?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Skippy Posts: 1834
This is my new worry :o0 :o0 . I'm over the inlaws coming to descend on me after labour, now I am worried about my hubby being drunk when I go into labour, please god, in August. I have told him that in the last 6 weeks he cannot go on the rip for fear I will go into labour and he won't be allowed into the ward because he is blotto. He says he won't but........hmmmmmmmm not so sure. So it got me thinking if anyone's partner was locked at such a time and what happened? Was he quickly sobered up? Did he sober up in time for the birth. Did you beat the head off him afterwards? Imagine how annoying it would be to get ready for the whole 9 months with your partner doing all the antenatal classes and doing up your birhtplan etc only to see him locked out of the ward cause he was locked out of his head. :o0 :o0 Any stories?
NotHere Posts: 10273
Skippy my worry is that he'll be too drunk to drive me to the hospital! :o0 We live 45mins away, and hour in traffic. Am thinking of getting him to give up the booze for the last few weeks. I can't drive myself!
BTW, by 'he' I mean my husband, not yours. I have never met your husband, there is nothing going on between us, I swear :-8
Sphynx Posts: 6795
You've put the wind up me now! DH is going to have to go on a stag weekend (best man) some time in September and I am already feaking out in case I "go early" and he's pissed out of his brains down in Galway or something! Not sure yet what to do about it. Am going to have to prep my mother as a subsitute birthing partner just in case I think!
Skippy Posts: 1834
[quote:3hx03fm0]BTW, by 'he' I mean my husband, not yours. I have never met your husband, there is nothing going on between us, I swear [/quote:3hx03fm0] What exactly are you saying there? Are you saying you wouldn't do him? Too good for him are ya?? :o0 :o0 Thankfully I only live 5 mins from our hospital, probably 3 during the night so I could drive I suppose if I had to :o0 :o0
[quote="Skippy":1rnaci40][quote:1rnaci40]BTW, by 'he' I mean my husband, not yours. I have never met your husband, there is nothing going on between us, I swear [/quote:1rnaci40] What exactly are you saying there? Are you saying you wouldn't do him? Too good for him are ya?? :o0 :o0 [/quote:1rnaci40] OMG, I've said too much already :-8
buzybumble Posts: 831
Though me and my H2B are only now ttc, Im already worried to bits about pushing to hard and breaking wind infront of everone :-8 Maybe it would be better if my H2B was drunk :o0
LJMom Posts: 1100
It hasnt happened me as I was induced last time but I bet if it was to happen it would happen with my hubbie. Im due 26th June & he is devastated as ACDC are playing in Slane. He keeps saying sure I could go & not drink :eek as if I could imagine thet state of him arriving at the rotunda! I told him to get the ticket & we will see that week as the chances of me going that day are very slim. Men & there pints they are mad...........mind you I cant wait for one myself! Roll on June O-O
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I have already said to DH he must give up the beer when I hit 7 months,pity about him I have given up alot! Men and their beer ;o(
jen2 Posts: 3106
My husband got pissed when I was in slow Labour. I was in the Hospital on the Sunday morning. They let me home that night, but said I was starting to dialate, but slowly. Was getting pains on and off all week. That Thursday my DH went for a quiet 2 pints and came back pissed. I screamed at him, and actually hit him ( im ashamed to say). Any way did not have DS till The next Thurday 3 weeks early. By that time DH was well sober. So I have been told I will go early again, so from Start of July DH will be drinking alot less. Jen2