Was anyone upset by their GP?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

belle1 Posts: 189
Last week i went into my GP to have my bfp confirmed and i left the place crying!! He didn't even bother to confirm it and all he did was tell me that i was likely to miscarry as its my first pregnancy ( no other reason than this ) !! I was so upset, I know full well there is a chance it could happen but he didn't even want me to make a follow up appointment as he thought there was no chance (WTF!) Then he told my i probably wouldn't be able to go private because i was too late booking in!! i was hardly even 5 weeks gone, how could it be too late? Now all i'm doing is worrying and i've convinced myself i'll miscarry. I thought i would be on cloud nine. :o(
bam bam Posts: 1756
Oh dear God belle, i'm horrified your GP said that to you!!! Change your GP now and of course book your appointment with hospital, and don't spend another minute thinking of a m/c, yes they happen but you have to stay positive. My god i can't believe that, you poor poor thing, you must be in bits!! If you really are worrying, book in for a private scan for about 8 weeks to put your mind at rest.
Maybump Posts: 527
That's terrible. I was told about the chance of miscarriage was 50 / 50. She only told me because she had to. Your not too late to book in private. I booked at 5 weeks to go semi private and the girl said i was ringing nice and early. When are you supposed to ring, before you even get pregnant. I'd sort out going to a new gp. [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:vi8g3mf4]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;96/st/20090426/dt/5/k/cf9a/preg.png[/img:vi8g3mf4] [/url]
Yoda Posts: 3340
WTF >:o( You need to change GP straight away, that is disgraceful, I would also put in a complaint about being treated like that No you are not too late to go private Words fail me on his comments re miscarrying >:o( Many many congrats on your pregnancy, please look for another GP asap :wv
belle1 Posts: 189
Thanks for replying so quick girls, feel a bit more reassured. I am defo sorting out a new GP! :thnk :thnk :thnk
lisa Posts: 1612
Oh my god, What an absolute B*****d! How could he be so insensitive and ignorant. he should be struck of the register. Did he stop and think how many first time pregnancies go absolutely fine. Oh I loved to kick his overpaid ar*e. Change GP's girl. It should be a problem. I had my confirmation on fri and changing to a GP nearer home next month and present gp reckoned it would be no problem. Chin up pet, he's just a twat! :o0
djdee Posts: 2118
jesus h mother of god.... >:o( >:o( >:o( WTF?????? change your GP and write a letter of complaint. That is a disgrace. Chin up pet, get another gp and book your hospital. F*CK him. Dont mind him. >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o(
Delish Posts: 4176
Jesus that is digraceful. can you change gp?
jen2 Posts: 3106
I cant believe what I just read. What type of person would say that to you, esp a doctor. Jesus that terribel. Look I agree with all the other, change your GP now. Forget what he said. Ring up your chosen OBGYN and make an appoinment tomorrow. Yes some women have m/c on the first , other s on the second and third. I didnt m/c on my first, and had a beautiful big baby girl. All went well. Actually it was by far the best pregnancy Ive had so far. A big congrats to you. Im delgihted to hear your woderful news. Dont listen to a word that Sh*thead said. Jen2
baby-bel Posts: 929
thats ridiculous, I cant believe a doctor actually said you would probably miscarry because it your first :eek , I think you should make a complaint, Im not sure to who but there has to be a process for complaining GPs? Change docs immediately