Was on a high & now worried sick

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Glan Posts: 199
We only got married on the 27.12.05 & I came off the pill in October '05. I was due my period while we were away on honeymoon. I didn't get it and was delighted but waited until we came home to do the test. I did 2 tests & they were both positive. I had been getting some cramps (some quite bad) & have been getting a bit of bleeding. I went to the doctor today & he said it was a positive test but there was blood in my urine which wasn't a great sign & I have to go for a scan tomorrow, it might be signs of an early miscarriage. The waiting is awful (even thought it's only 24 hrs). We are so happy with the news, I would be devestated if it turned bad. If you had these cramps etc how did it turn out for you.
aliwac05 Posts: 40
Hi Glan Sorry to hear you are upset!! If it makes you feel any better i had the exact same experience. when i was 6 weeks preg i had some bleeding and very bad cramps!! I went to ER and they did urine test and said there was also blood in my urine but told me not to worry but this was on a saturday and they booked me in for an internal scan on the monday(the wait was a killer) I went for the scan on the monday and the doc seen a heart beat and a baby there so i was thrilled but she told me to come back in a week for another internal scan to make sure baby was growing and for precaution etc. That week the cramps eased off and so did the bleeding and The scan went well and the baby was growing fine. I am now 10 weeks preg and still worried and dying to get over the 12weeks but i think no matter who you are or what you have gone through the first 12wks are the toughest and the wait can be terrible!!! I am saying prayers that everything will go great with your scan!!!!! PM me if you like!!!!!! best of luck Glan!!will be thinking of you!! Ali
Grainne20 Posts: 835
Glan fingers crossed for you. The first few weeks are so crucial. As Aliwac said its touch and go until after the first trimester. It can be a stressful time but hopefully it will all turn out for the best.
Sticks'nStones Posts: 401
Hi There, Sorry no advice or anything but just did not want to read and not reply. I hope it all goes well for you at the hospital. Easier said than done but try not to worry too much and take care of yourself. MPA
Bulmers Posts: 1281
I've no magic words of help Glan, but I really hope things work out for you.Take care of yourself
Anon10yr+ Posts: 1874
Glan Wishing you & hubby all the best.Look after yourselves
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Just wanted to wish you and hubby all the best and will be keeping fingers and toes crossed for you
snozberry Posts: 1212
let us know how you get on.... everyones situation is different.... I had severe bleeding with clots at 14 weeks but thankfully baby is fine and almost ready to meet us! thinking of you as I know the anguish and worry you are feeling. Lxx
Ramoi Posts: 80
Hi Glan Am thinking of you. I went throught the exact same thing and its so worrying! Will keep me fingers and toes crossed and am thinking of you. Hope you get good news today. R
MrsSan Posts: 475
Hi Glan, Just want to wish you and hubby all the best and hope that everything is fine. Let us know how you get on x