washing baby clothes ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
Been told to wash all blankets and clothes ive bought for Baby.... did you? will you?
twinkles1 Posts: 137
Hi there Gottabfp, I did on my first didn't bother with my second it did him no harm at all. To be honest you're just creating work for yourself, put your feet up and relax if ye can :)
[quote="twinkles1":buzzliud]Hi there Gottabfp, I did on my first didn't bother with my second it did him no harm at all. To be honest you're just creating work for yourself, put your feet up and relax if ye can :)[/quote:buzzliud] I like the sound of this O-O
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I did- TBH it only take a couple of washes as they are so tiny. I think it's nice to have them all soft and fresh smelling. Sometimes they can be a bit hard or something before you wash them for the first time,plus you don't know who has handled them in the shops!
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
I'm going to wash them, even DD's old stuff that was washed before I packed it away. Newborns are so delicate and everything must seem so weird and harsh that I want a nice soft definitely clean vest and baby grow for at least the first few weeks....before I get too swamped by washing to do anything about it :-8
Im just afraid ill ruin them.... domesticated goddess i am not :o0 .Think ill drop them into mammy, dont want the little ones first outfit to be grey!
twinkles1 Posts: 137
I agree with paniniroses washed anything that had been packed away for awhile and the odd bit that I bought that needed a bit of softening up but most things are fine. Babygros and vests usually come individually wrapped anyway. Don't fret either way : )
ohsotired Posts: 7071
The stuff that's coming into the hospital with us has been washed but nothing else has - unless babs has particularly sensitive skin I can't see me washing every single item tbh!
vonnyoc Posts: 2688
I washed everything in preparation for DS and he ended up only being 5lbs born so everyone had to run out and get tiny baby clothes and none of them were washed!!!! It didn't do him any harm at all. I won't be doing it for this baby but like the others might freshen up ds's old clothes.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I just washed all the clothes I have yesterday, more so because I wanted them all smelling all nice and fresh. And I think I'd definitely do it for the cot sheets. If you've no time I wouldn't worry, but it really doesn't take that long honest, and they look so cute all lined up after being washed!