Washing baby's clothes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
What detergent girls should you use when washing out baby's clothes? Is it ok to use softener? Think I might do this next weekend as I want to try and get hospital bag packed
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi LMS I used fairy no bio for washing all the baby's clothes. You can buy fairy non bio softner also but I'm not sure if your supposed to use this
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Thanks Dovedro, when did you wash the clothes out? Did you wash everything? Cellular blankets and sheets?
[quote="little mrs sunshine":3g4h4owc]Thanks Dovedro, when did you wash the clothes out? Did you wash everything? Cellular blankets and sheets?[/quote:3g4h4owc] Hi LMS I washed everything for hospital bags and all the clothes I have for home a few weeks ago when I was getting all my stuff ready. I ironed them (this will never happend again :o0 ) and put the hospital stuff in my bags and the rest packed away in a wardrobe I did wash the sheets and blankets also, not sure if there's any need but I just did everything while I was at it
fantac Posts: 4109
hi - me too - have washed everything - i did use softener though - are you not supposed to? what does it do?
[quote="SnuggleMuffin":2we3vik9]hi - me too - have washed everything - i did use softener though - are you not supposed to? what does it do?[/quote:2we3vik9] I thought I read somewhere not to use softner but if it's non-bio I don't know why not? Maybe someone else might know if it's ok to use
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Comfort Pure fabric softener is supposed to be ok for babies.
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="Ditz":26ovjz7y]Comfort Pure fabric softener is supposed to be ok for babies.[/quote:26ovjz7y] phew thats what i used!
breeze Posts: 1175
I washed absolutly everything. I used peril non bio and comfort softner and babs now smells lovely. Never heard of NOT using sotfner
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
I heard you are not supposed to use softener contains loads of irritants also reduces absorbancy of towels etc.