watch out thick people about

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
seriously here's a call i just dealt with me: good morning X caller: hi can i speak to the x dept me: im afraid there all on call in x du want to hold caller: (hhuugggeee sssiiiiggghhhh) this is x store i got cut off earlier, if i hold will i get cut off again me: i didnt cut u off must be a problem with phones i had you holding caller: so the phone cut me off me: ye ye the phone cut you off caller: is x there me: yes she is but as i told you before all the x dept are on calls caller: ok well can you get her to call me back me: sure whos calling? caller: i already told you whos calling me: you told me the store you never told me whom i was speaking with caller: its x me: ok x can i take your number there? caller: do you not have my number? me: it would be easier for me to take it here rather then x to go through the whole database mr.x caller: its xxxxxxxx me: ok thank you i will get her to call you back WHAAALLUUUPPPPPPP PHONE DOWN O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
willful Posts: 6822
Aww Strawberry, don't let them get to you! Incidentally, I think I must also be thick, I couldn't make head nor tail of that post-too many xxxs!!!! but still, poor you, make yourself a cuppa and you'll feel better :xxx
gerbil Posts: 3528
:o0 :o0 and think how short that call would have been had he said, yes just put me on hold.... mind you I've been put on hold for minutes then cut off, repeatedly, you're not workign in NTL are you ? :o0
[quote="gerbil":3a2epnm0]you're not workign in NTL are you ? :o0[/quote:3a2epnm0] nope defo not in NTL :o0 there must be some thick people out today, i got another caller that said say ANITA, eh WHAT you want to speak to Anita? O:|
clucky Posts: 26471
my favourite calls are there me: hello hellonearth can i help you? dimwit: i missed a call from there me: where are you calling from? dimwit: offaly me: (deep breath) ok hang on and i ask our 45 employees which one of them rang offaly gobdaw O:| O:| O:|
Walking Bump Posts: 2095
Strawberry I feel your pain! People are so thick at times O:|
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
Or one of my favourites - "Hello is that you? Its me here" Of course it is. And of course who can forget "Who's calling?" "Mary" This is what I call Madonna syndrome - some people can have just one name, but the rest of us need a surname O:| O:| O:|
Ms B2B Posts: 12
Ohhh some people are so annoying! My pet hate is when I answer the phone " good morning, x name of company x" and they go " Is that x name of company x ?" - Yes It is, i just said it didnt I? O:| Happens at least once a day.......
[quote="Ms B2B":85jepbwt]Ohhh some people are so annoying! My pet hate is when I answer the phone " good morning, x name of company x" and they go " Is that x name of company x ?" - Yes It is, i just said it didnt I? O:| Happens at least once a day.......[/quote:85jepbwt] OMG dont even get me started on that one happens more then twice here, do people be thinking of who they want to speak to so they dont listen when you pick up, or on top of the list is hi i missed a call from you? O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
dreamer Posts: 3941
[quote="Ms B2B":crt829j9]Ohhh some people are so annoying! My pet hate is when I answer the phone " good morning, x name of company x" and they go " Is that x name of company x ?" - Yes It is, i just said it didnt I? O:| Happens at least once a day.......[/quote:crt829j9] Get that all the time!!! At the moment, its a co-worker who is irritating us all the most rather than clients or random callers!!! Regular questions are....... Them: If I post this today will it get there tomorrow??? Me: Eh - hold on and I will switch on my An Post tracking system I want to do x with this spreadheet, can you come here and have a look... Me: Have you tried it already? Them: No Me: Well why don't you try first and if you have a problem then we'll have a look!!!! O:| O:|