Watching tv series on iPad

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BiaBlasta Posts: 1002
One of the best christmas presents ever...... My iPad! But now I'd like to watch some tv on it. Just wondering if anyone can help. I'd like to download some tv series to watch on my iPad. I know iTunes USA store has a great selection but I'd have to go and but USA iTunes gift cards online (at a more expensive rate!) to download from there. Also, I've tried amazon but you can only get stuff from there if you've an American credit card etc. Does anyone know if there's a way I can watch some of the recent tv series' on my iPad? I am willing to pay (a reasonable price!) something similar to what the tv series cost on DVD. Thanks
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
If you are an existing Sky customer for your tv you can get Sky Go on your iPad, and get a choice of something like 500 movies, numerous tv shows, boxsets, the lot. I use it on my laptop a lot, it's excellent and free if you are an existing Sky customer. You can download stuff to watch later on offline too. Other than that you can sign up to Netflix, it's first month free then €6 or €7 per month and is meant to have a good choice of tv boxsets.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
I use ipadonlinemovie.com for streaming. Have never downloaded from it though. You can give a donation towards the running of the site
Thanks for replies, am signed up to Netflix, was just looking for more recent stuff. I am a sky customer so must get around to setting up sky go.
[quote="RainbowNinja":2aiz5tan]I use ipadonlinemovie.com for streaming. Have never downloaded from it though. You can give a donation towards the running of the site[/quote:2aiz5tan] Rainbow ninja, does this just work straight away for you?? I've just tried it there a few times and it keeps saying: 'safari cannot open link'
Yeah have been using it for months. I try to use the videobam links as find they load quickest. I do find sometimes that the movies don't always work if they are new releases but its usually the TV shows I watch
Thanks again rainbowninja. I did get very excited when I first saw that website but unfortunately it still won't work for me. Maybe I EEC to change some settings etc?? Am not sure? I suppose I was just hoping tree was some easy option out there that would work a little bit like iTunes but it seems not. It's very unfair when you take a look at the US iTunes Store, such a great choice but yet we can buy none of it >:o( Thanks anyway for the replies.
I didn't have to change any settings so don't know why it's not working for you, sorry :-(
bumblefly Posts: 86
Ipadonlinemovie seems too good to be true? Is it?? I've just been on it there and worked no problem.... But the cynic in me is wondering what the catch is?? Sorry if I sound silly!
I have been using it for the past few months no problem. The movies aren't great quality but the TV shows are perfect.