Waterford Castle prices....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

exciting times Posts: 98
Hi Girls, Still have my heart set on a Waterford wedding but still struggling to find anywhere suitable. Had a look at reviews about Waterford Castle but there is not much information about prices. Does anyone have an idea on prices per person or what kind of packages they offer. I'd like to have some kind of idea before heading to see it. Thanks a mil :compress
Crystal Gal Posts: 464
Hi excitingtimes, we were at a wedding there Nov 2010 and as far as i know they paid about €80-€85 a head, hope that helps :)
Jomcodoodle Posts: 284
We've been looking at it but its very expensive. The prices we were quoted were, €4300 for castle rental, 80 euro (72.50 +10% service charge) per head for the meal(no wine), wine from 26 euro per bottle, evening food from 9euro to 20 per person, canapes from 9.5 prer person, drinks from 9.50 per person. So in reality its more like 120 per person plus castle rental. We do love it but you don't get a lot of what you get in other venues such as complimentary accommodation for bride and groom, two rooms for parents, menu tasting or anniversary meal, none of this is offered by waterford. Also they don't have a speaker system for speeches so you have to rent one unless you're having a small enough wedding to just shout
[quote="Crystal Gal":19h7twyr]Hi excitingtimes, we were at a wedding there Nov 2010 and as far as i know they paid about €80-€85 a head, hope that helps :)[/quote:19h7twyr] Can i ask how did you find it? Any comments or even a review?
[quote="Jomcodoodle":3kd09xt8][quote="Crystal Gal":3kd09xt8]Hi excitingtimes, we were at a wedding there Nov 2010 and as far as i know they paid about €80-€85 a head, hope that helps :)[/quote:3kd09xt8] Can i ask how did you find it? Any comments or even a review?[/quote:3kd09xt8] To be quiet honest it wasn't for us, me and OH aren't big food lovers and I don't like the whole castle thing, dont get me wrong I can see why people like it. The food was nice but nothing spectacular for €85, the afters food was gorgeous, thought the rooms were ok, but u have to be into the old style thing were not, they had about 65-70 people there anymore then that and they would have to go into the conservatory room, which means u'd b away from everyone else.the bar is in another room so didnt like the idea of that, but to be fare its only 2 seconds away. The castle is lovely for a wedding but as I said u would really want to love your food to pay that price and like the old style of it, especially that u dont get any extras.
As a guest how did you find the whole wedding? We do love waterford castle but for the normal things drinks reception, canapes, meal, toast, evening food it really adds up, especially with venue charge. Do you remember what evening food you had...theres a few options. Was it a great night or just ok? Thanks!!!
It was a nice wedding they had a civil ceremony over there, i don't like them personally as i don't think they're very personal, are yee planning on getting married there also? They didn't have canapes, tea, coffee, wine and biscuits which may i add the biscuits were gorgeous :) they had crab cake or seafood chowder to start then sorbet then beef and can't really remember the dessert think it was a medley, the afters food was chicken goujons, mince and onion little puff pastry and cocktail sausages (i think) but the little pastries were gorgeous, maybe it was the crowd at the wedding but it wasn't one of the greatest weddings I was at, sorry if I'm not telling you want you want to hear, everyone is different and if yee love Waterford Castle and have the budget for it then go for it :) having the castle to yourselves is definitely great.
Thanks so much for the info guys ... You've both answered my questions ... saves me a trip as I would personally find it very hard to justify paying that amount per person .. unless I won the lotto :compress Oh well the search for a venue continues ..... O:|
Kkilkenny Posts: 208
Hi there hope you dont mind me asking on your thread but were there enough biscuits to go around with out canapes. We have booked there for july and just wondering if we will skip the canapes we could save money, we dont want people to go hungry and they say in our contract free tea coffee and biscuits, wondering were alot of biscuits put out? also anyone who has experience with the speeches, did they all have speaker systems or was it ok without it.
Hi KKilkenny, Really hope you don't mind me asking but are your prices working out similar to Jomocodoodle prices for the Castle ... Thanks a mil :thnk